Does anyone have the vbios of Eluktronics MAX 2060? 115w TDP?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by ScarletBlack, Jan 23, 2020.

1. SirLosealot

SirLosealot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow, it almost sounds like the refreshed version's main deal is the increase TDP and not the new memory or regulator and whatsnot and they do not want to see that previous cards can achieve close to the performance of their "upgrades/refreshed". Welp, there goes my hope.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It looks like the refreshed GPUs may not offer an improvement in performance anyhow. So, it may not even matter. If fact, the non-Super refreshed GPUs seem to have lower benchmark scores. Perhaps to widen the gap to create an artificial impression of greater superiority for the Super crap.

JRE84 likes this.
  3. SirLosealot

SirLosealot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No improvement or even lower scores with the non-Super refreshed GPUs? I hope not. Otherwise the refreshed ones gain nothing but also drawing more power.
    I thought about doing a shunt mod but still have not because of the risks of locating the shunt resistors, short them, temperature... and also because of the new promising vBios. But now it is even more tempting to do a shunt mod.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. ScarletBlack

ScarletBlack Newbie

Reputations:
    Also found the vbios of the new version 2060 actually got shrink in the sum bytes. So it is seems impossible to flash it on the old one. The only fluky thing which the old 2060 users can console themselves could be the emasculated bandwidth on new version.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    so say i have y msi model with a 2060 80w thats been flashed with a msi x model of 90w....and now i have my hands on z vbios which is 115w ...so i cant flash anymore?

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    If it is not modded you can flash it with NVFLASH. If it is modded you cannot flash it using software because it breaks the Nazi signature crap.

7. eurodj101

Reputations:
    no its off a gl65....straight out of it...one thing to note...if u see we have a bit of mismatch and id...is this aproblem?

Attached Files:

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    No, the ID mismatch is a normal warning. Just answer "Y" to continue. I even get that flashing the original stock vBIOS on all GPUs now. It's probably just a lame scare tactic the control freaks use to make people afraid of doing something to mitigate firmware engineering failures.

9. eurodj101

Reputations:
    so u reckon this could work? they are both 2060 mobile gpus.....its on a gs65 2060 which now has a 90w bios...thinking bout tryig this one since its form another msi....im not too sure bout it though

10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Probably so. You could end up with some weirdness of some sort, but nothing that you cannot undo. For example, if I use a Clevo 2060 vBIOS with my TongFang 2060 the DisplayPort output does not work, but the laptop screen does. With the Intel Graphics you should still be able to get screen output even if the 2060 vBIOS doesn't work well. Just be sure to save the stock vBIOS first in case you need to flash it back.