Does anyone have the vbios of Eluktronics MAX 2060? 115w TDP?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by ScarletBlack, Jan 23, 2020.

1. ScarletBlack

ScarletBlack Newbie

Reputations:
    The description on Eluktronics website tout the
    • 6GB GDDR6 VRAM NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 Max-P (TDP: 80~115 Watts)
    So the limit tdp of this 2060 is 115w? That's a shock! Does anyone have the vbios of that 2060? Or has anyone bought that laptop and extract vbios by nvflash?

I have also tried to modify and hexedit my own vbios by different approaches to restore the checksum but eventually blocked by BIOS certificate 2.0:(

2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    The vBIOS itself has the same low TDP as others.

The power adjustment is done on the fly via low level firmware code being injected between GPU and driver.

3. ScarletBlack

ScarletBlack Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for reply, I'm a big fan of you! Used to use some Clevo barebones and familiar with you godlike mod Bios.

In this case, You mean by inserting some power management firmware between the level of bios and OS to adjust the tdp? like some interpretation from Bios to OS driver? Then can we just modify the NV driver to enhance the power?

Also, I found you are at the top of 3dmark notebook ranking, no matter firestrike or timespy. you almost boost the mobile card to the same performance as desktop card. How did you do that? Have you successfully unlock the bios certificate and flash it? Could you give me some key hint? Thank you so much!

Carb0n12 and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. SirLosealot

SirLosealot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    +1. I, too, am wondering how he achieved such a high score. Is it modded vBios? Or is it hardware related and how to do so?

5. eyek

eyek Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I was reaaallly getting my hopes up when I found this in a google search... The TDP of my RTX 2060 in similar laptop build is locked at 80 and it would be absolutely awesome if this "unlocked" VBIOS could up that to like 90-100. Saying that it seems there isn't much info on this...

6. SirLosealot

SirLosealot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There is a way to increase the cap to 90W by flashing vbios of other brands which use the 90W version. Also nvidia has launched the "renewed" version of 2060 with 115W but I have not seen any brand equips their new laptop with it atm.

eyek likes this.
  7. eyek

eyek Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This I am aware of. But I am unable to find a vbios that has 2x miniDP functionality. When I flash to another vbios for example from MSI I get perfect 90w tdp BUT I lose miniDP functionality because the laptop the vbios comes from doesn't have those ports.

Finding a vbios with 2x miniDP that is 90w is no easy task. If you have any ideas fire them my way! Thanks!