Do you like your Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by xAMDvsIntelx, Jan 13, 2006.

?

How do you like your Toshiba notebook?

1. I Love it - Everyone should get a Toshiba!

286 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. I Like it - I'm happy with my Toshiba

391 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. I'm satisfied - I'm O.K. with my Toshiba

192 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. I hate it - This is the worst notebook I've bought

188 vote(s)
    17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. South East Vic Repairs

South East Vic Repairs Newbie

Reputations:
    No complaints from me, they never seem to break or have any issues plus there easy to work with but they do lack in style alot of them lol

2. ayylmao

ayylmao Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have five Toshiba laptops, 3 Qosmio x300/x305's an A500 and a A300.

The 9700m GTS Qosmio works great as it only uses one fan. Temps are good and hasn't given me any troubles. As for the 9800m GTX one, it never spins up it's second fan when you want it to resulting in very high GPU temps! It spins in the BIOS and all that or on boot, but in windows it does not spin at all resulting in temperatures excess of 100 degrees centigrade. I've tried another motherboard and fan, but this occurs yet again. This restricts me from using it. Then we've got the SLI one. It powers on and all that, but shuts itself off as soon as it loads the splash screen! I've tried reflashing the bios and purchasing another motherboard and another SLI gpu, but it does exactly the same thing regardless. Even when I remove the dedicated 9800m GTS SLI from it, it still does this. I really wish I knew what the problem was.

The a500 works pretty well aside from the kinda worrying 4650m temps. It idles at 50-61 degrees centigrade, and the fan only kicks in during the 60 range.

The a300 has the same issue, albeit with a 3650.

I would say my experience on Toshiba laptops would be "mixed". The first Qosmio works great, but the other two have been giving me nightmares just trying to get them to work properly. If that 9800m GTX Qosmio spun up it's second fan in windows, I would be able to use it. I just wish I could find out what the problem is.

3. South East Vic Repairs

Reputations:
    Have yo thought of putting that second fan on an external switch so u can make it come on when temps get high.. just an idea

4. ayylmao

ayylmao Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    External Switch? Do you think the temp sensors are fried?

5. South East Vic Repairs

Reputations:
    yes external so u control when it comes on.. they could be but i doubt it tho not a comon problem buit anything is possible lol