Do you like your Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by xAMDvsIntelx, Jan 13, 2006.

?

How do you like your Toshiba notebook?

1. I Love it - Everyone should get a Toshiba!

286 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. I Like it - I'm happy with my Toshiba

391 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. I'm satisfied - I'm O.K. with my Toshiba

192 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. I hate it - This is the worst notebook I've bought

188 vote(s)
    17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akimitsui

Akimitsui Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm still using my Toshiba Libretto W100 dual-screen tablet/netbook/laptop.... well.... whatever it is, I still don't know what to call it lol. And well, it's been more than 3 years, and I still love this tablet, even though it's running windows 7 on a touch screen interface lol. When I have time, i'll eventually try to put Windows 8 on it, just to see how that works out. The SSD has been upgraded from the stock 64GB to a Crucial M4 mSata 256GB =D. It's awesme for reading my ebooks and manga on 2 screens, and playing a few indie platformers off steam. The huge downside is the fan though, it just goes off sometimes for the weirdest reasons, but at the time this was built they really did not have power efficient cpu's that did not get super hot besides the Intel Atom... and that had horrible performance.

2. Rugsasue

Rugsasue Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The vote may express my thought. Generally I am OK with my Toshiba notebook. After all I have used it for three years. I am suprised that It did not crack down till now because I have no time to take care of it. Though something goes wrong now and then, I can handle the problems through searching solutions and finding ways by myself. But the big trouble I ignored when I paid my money is that it is too heavy to carry easily, especially in those days I have to take it to my office everyday.

3. Texasguitar

Texasguitar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I have had a Toshiba A105 with XP running for 9 years. The only thing I have done to it is upgrade the HD. Recently I bought my wife and I both P50 Toshibas. Mine is loaded with 16GB ram and the 1TB HD and touchscreen etc. While there seems to be a plethora of higher rated laptops and favorites so far I am very satisfied. I had considered a MACBOOK PRO loaded with the same processor, storage etc and it was so out of the ballpark cost wise that I had to laugh. My computer will be used for some photo editing and lots of music production using some very resource hog software. This machine seems very well equiped to do what I want, so I think my answer for now is that for the money, I did very well getting this machine.

4. MadGirlDisease

MadGirlDisease Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My first laptop was (and for now, still is) a Satellite L305-S5918. I got it 4 years ago. I found it at Fry's on sale for about $400 (including tax) with Vista installed and a free upgrade to Windows that was just around the corner.

It is showing one or two signs of aging, but I am very happy with it. I have been in the market for another laptop and my first choice is Toshiba, based on this one.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find a 15+" laptop that doesn't have a number pad, and just about impossible to find one with a 16:10 aspect ratio, which is what my Satellite has. This is pushing me into the used market, as I'd rather have an older model that meets my criteria than a newer one that doesn't.

Can anyone recommend an older Tosh model that meets one or both of those conditions -- no num pad, 16:10 monitor -- and that is at least a powerful as my Satellite L305-S5918, but not any older in terms of processor technologies?

I've been looking at used HP 8530w's, which have the exact same keyboard layout and the same aspect ratio. But I am VERY open and would actually prefer to get a Toshiba that was as powerful and as (so I understand, never having actually seen one) well built as these HP business class lappys.

To be honest, I have no idea where my Satellite falls (or fell) o the low-end - high-end spectrum. My guess is that it was a mid-level consumer model, but I don't know.

5. Mezzi

Mezzi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Madgirl, we are kind of in the same boat my P745 is giving some issues but I need another 14" high end laptop. So I am not that interested in the new P50.

Anyhow, the P745 is a 14" Toshiba that would meet your criteria and it has 16:10 aspect ratio. The P755 has an additional number pad.

6. dab89

dab89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    does anyone have any experiences of the u840? tried googling if there were any mentions of it on this site but nothing came up. i remember checking it out in person and i really liked it but was concerned by the price and the practicalities....official reviews are mixed online...

7. zCee

zCee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If my memory serves me correctly, I've had my Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 for about 9 years. I've upgraded to a 200gig Hard Drive, and increased the memory to 1.5gig. I've had no problem other than the battery has died twice, but with the number of years I've had it, that is to be expected. It is now being used as a desktop computer over the past couple of years and that has helped with the wear and tear.

8. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Newbie

Reputations:
    I like my Toshiba L855-5187, 15.6, Intel i7-3630. Purchased March 2014. Very solid so far, running Windows 8.1 Update.

9. ValerieCasady

ValerieCasady Newbie

Reputations:
    I like my toshiba satellite c40, but the only concern I have so far is that the mouse pad sometimes stuck.

10. mystery905

mystery905 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I love my Toshiba P50-T. It is the best computer I have ever owned so far!