Do you feel like stuff never go on SALE when you need them?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by baii, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    So I got a new machine and thinking of getting a new SSD. missed the deal 80 for 128GB Vertex 4. Now everyday I crawl everywhere and nothing seem to come up ...

2. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    Baka always gets that feeling :( Whenever Baka doesn't have the money or has money but no method of paying for them, stuff goes on sale :mad:

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Yep story of my life. And also opposite as subject title. Things tend to go on sale when I don't have the money and want to buy it.

4. Kuu

Kuu That Quiet Person

Reputations:
    Oddly, I've just been finding stuff I'd like to have go on sale and I can usually just get it when it comes up, but I keep a list of things I'd like to have so I can keep an eye on prices for things.

I tend to just buy things if they're a nice deal and if I know I can find a use for them, but I'm questioning my recent buy of 72 AA batteries for 15 dollars (no, not the cheap Zinc ones). But batteries!

5. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It seems to happen to me a lot on stuff I really want. :p I hate it, but what can you do?

6. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    Yes, and when you do buy it eventually there's a massive sale going on the week after. The magic of Sod's Law.

7. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    Well I'm a victim of something similar. I usually find great deals, only to realize a couple weeks later something better is available around the same price. And it's not like I'm a misinformed consumer or don't do my research.

8. Teraforce

Teraforce Flying through life

Reputations:
    I had my eye on a Sony Tablet S for quite some time, when I saw it go on sale on Amazon for $299 ($100 off the retail price). I waited a while, and then the price shot back up to $325! But I lucked out this morning; I checked Amazon again this morning and it was back down to $299! Needless to say, I went ahead and ordered it right away.

9. key001

key001 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    These sites might help you:
    slickdeals.net - sometimes there are epic sales listed, but most of the time the "deals" suck... I bet everybody can't wait for a sandpaper sale.

camelcamelcamel.com - amazon pricechecker. Usually amazon jacks up the price for an item to a ridiculous amount for a day and then they have 364 days of "SALE!!!!"

pricespider.com - keeps track of the price from multiple retailers and you can also search for some items there

you can find stuff like this by using those sites: $80 ssd
    Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!

10. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've been planning to get the Crative X-Fi 5.1 USB card and planned to buy it this morning. Been looking at it for a week or so. Woke up this morning to a lovely $20 price increase on amazon :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.