Do You Cheat in Your Video Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by InspiredE1705, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Sort of OT, but I play few recent big "Action/arpg" title and they seem to all have AC/darksider style ledges to climb. WHY?

2. Ajfountains

Ajfountains Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Be glad you are only trying to do this now, instead of at launch. It was impossible to get TO inferno, let alone through it, without gearing up. The abysmal drop rates forced you to 'cheat' which was to use the auction house. I may give d3 another go, but when i logged in a few weeks ago everyone on my friends list had been offline for over 100 days.

3. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    I see. To be completely honest, I`m not getting many good drops now either. It may be because I`m not using any % drop gems or any equipment with that booster available.

I just reached Act 2 Hell with my Demon Hunter and its going well despite dying a few times on those superfast elites. Both Skeleton King and The Butcher went down on first try so looking good so far.
    I`m doing solo of course, without hiring help from town, to make it a little more challenging. I know Act 4 will be pretty difficult with those falling angels everywhere. Really hate them.

Also, was quite dissappointed with Whimsyshire. Nowhere near as challenging as Secret Cow level on D2 where you had thousands of crazy cows around you at any given time. Have only tried Whimsyshire on Nightmare though, maybe Hell and Inferno is worse?

4. ajnindlo

ajnindlo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I also tend to use weight cheats if I keep having to stop and decide what to keep or not keep, ir what will sell for the most, or etc. When you bag is full you have to stop and decide for each new piece of loot. The game becomes stop and go, stop and go.

As for the unfair advantage, I don't change out my load out based on situations. So it is not like I keep a good fire suit, and a seperate ice suit, and swap between them. It might give me more gold, but I usually don't spend much gold, I just use what I find. So I always have excess gold. So no real advantage to the way I play. And even if it did, who cares? I decide the difficulty level I want.

There have been games where if I couldn't change the weight requirements, I would have never finished the game. It would have been to frustrating and not fun.

5. key001

key001 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I used to before I was like 11 years old. Also there were quest games where you had 3 lives and you could get killed by some roaming critter, that's like the most stupid thing to implement in a quest game.

6. InspiredE1705

InspiredE1705 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not too many cheats in Metro Last Light, and there is no God Mode! So my only cheat is bullet money and cheating on machine gun ammo when I run low on it. The machine gun seems to be the best gun on creature but you run out of ammo quickly.

7. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The only game I've ever really cheated in is GTA, because sometimes it's just not as fun without doing so.

killkenny1 likes this.
  8. Scanner

Scanner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes. For me it makes the game more enjoyable. After working 10 hour days I just want to play the game my way. I've spent the 50-60 bucks for the game, so why not. I used to use one of those hacking programs, until a friend told me about cheathappens site and I joined.

9. Akimitsui

Akimitsui Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Back in the days when I used to play Runescape I would leave a few accounts botting while I was at school, and then when I got home sold all the stuff gathered on the bots and transferred the money to my main character lol. Those were the days lol :cool:

10. Tekorra

Tekorra Newbie

Reputations:
    Depends on the game. Usually I'll wait until I've pretty much finished everything else in the game and am on the verge of getting bored of it. Back with GTA San Andreas, my cousin and I would use the cheat to make our car faster and heavier, then just drive down the streets smashing up cars. But for the most part, I feel like if you just outright cheat before you even finish a game, then what was the point of the dev putting in the (usually) well-thought-out content that you just breeze through effortlessly? So typically, no, not until I'm already basically done with the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.