Do Macs Ever Get Bogged Down Like PC's

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by runnerguy1, Apr 24, 2017.

1. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Also, don't be that guy: https://arstechnica.com/information...-yes-to-the-webs-most-dangerous-search-terms/. This is sound advice for any operating system, yes, Windows is more targeted by this, but that doesn't mean that you can't bloat up a mac. Given that more software is becoming available on mac and that an expanding user base also comes with it, you can expect more of that kind of thing on mac as well.

As everyone else said, be smart with maintaining your computer, the car analogy holds true on that one, it's just that often people can't be bothered to do the basic maintenance a computer needs.

I shiver every time I see or hear of a computer that hasn't been rebooted in months nor updated. That's usually when you get minor problems fixed by updating and/or restarting.

electrosoft likes this.
  2. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Please also use Antivirus....just the other day handbrake mac version was hacked and infected with a trojan, so be vigilant and use protection.

Aroc likes this.
  3. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Very good answers from everyone. I switched from OS X to Windows in 2012 (after using Apple computers for 14 years). Other than a Microsoft driver that laid waste to HP workstation SAS implementation in Windows 8.1 (fixed after a few months of wailing), WIndows has been more stable and trouble free than Mac OS X, at least for me.

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I find windows a better overall OS anyways as well. OSX is not user friendly and a lot of things are backwards or just dumb in it's function.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As a mac user, myself and a PC user in the office I can tell you that I absolutely love my Macbook and I'll probably be an apple user for life but I can tell you my biggest complaint about apple OSX are 2 things. 1) FAT 32 is sometimes annoying (https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/) saves me or removes that problem for me

2) No Cut and Paste, (And I'm not talking about "Copy" and paste there is a difference.

That's it though I'm happy about everything else so really I only have one problem but that first issue is kind of annoying that I have to install it on every Apple System I touch and I use like 3 of 'em lol.