Do games support Multiple graphics settings, or is it placebo

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Wonkyfinger

Wonkyfinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree. I totally prefer frames over eye candy that I may not even recognize.

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ok good...I thought the world was losing it's mind

3. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That engine is grid based, has been since Morrowind ...just updated over time. Though it makes better use of multi-cores, it still scales with clock speed of the CPU somewhat.

I hate seeing things pop in, so I extend things out to max. The bridge piece floating in midair and building that will pop in on this shot will annoy the hell out me.

https://images.nvidia.com/geforce-c...teractive-comparison-001-ultra-vs-medium.html

I also use ini tweaks like uGridsToLoad=7 [stock "5"] as well as others to extend lighting and shadows beyond stock max preset.

[Edit] That the distant view of settlements don't change with what I build annoys me as well.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    guess It's understandable, some people don't like pop-in/textures loading. I personally don't look at the far distance while playing im more focused on the character and enemies im fighting, so it is virtually un-noticeable. I wonder how many NBRers don't care for ultra in AAA games, wish I made a poll. you never know.