DIY eGPU MacOS Experiences

Discussion in 'e-GPU (External Graphics) Discussion' started by timohour, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timohour

timohour Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Your attached pdf are probably damaged. Pls take a screenshot of your system profiler and upload it here. Thanks

Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop

2. EpicBlob

EpicBlob Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How do I post my screenshots? Under manage attachments in the advanced reply, it says it is not a valid image. It is a .png file. Also changing it to a .jpg did not work.

3. timohour

Reputations:
    Easiest way, use imageshack.us. Post the links.

PS:I tried to upload a png too but I couldn't. Don't know why and it was under 2000x2000. Anyway. Upload with imageshack or other similar website.

4. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
  5. EpicBlob

Reputations:
    Heres my info.plist. This is after downloading the 270 nvidia drivers. I uninstalled them but can easily install them back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Terminal after editing the info.plist without the 270 drivers. Was there anything that I was doing in the wrong order?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    Do not removed the amp; from the Info.plist and do not install the Nvidia official driver yet.

Confirm the NVDAGF100Hal.kext is loaded. If this command didn't produced any output, it means NVDAGF100Hal.kext is not loaded:-
    Code:
    kextstat | grep NVDAGF100Hal
    BTW, I can open your pdf images using Windows Photo Viewer. OR rename them to .png, then can open with Preview.

7. Hunter20

Hunter20 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys i dont want to bash MacOs or anyone, just interested.
    Are there games for/Is gaming possible on MacOs?

8. cyph3rz

cyph3rz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There's a lot of gaming for OS X. All Blizzard games has versions for OS X. There are plenty of games on Steam as well. At last but not less important there is Mac App Store with game section.

My particular interest is Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 and for it I rely on Bootcamp unfortunately.

9. EpicBlob

Reputations:
    Alright so this is what I got after outputting kextstat | grep NVDAGF100Hal

bash-3.2# touch /System/Library/Extensions ; kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel ; kextcache -system-caches
    Can't read info dictionary for NVDAGF100Hal.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 46.
    Can't read info dictionary for NVDAGF100Hal.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 46.
    kextstat | grep NVDAGF100Hal
    JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
    JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

bash-3.2# kextstat | grep NVDAGF100Hal
    bash-3.2#
    bash-3.2#

EDIT: After double checking the info.plist, I did not have the amp; ... When I put everything back into terminal, kextstat | grep NVDAGF100Hal did not give a response. How would I load the NVDAGF100Hal.kext?

10. timohour

Reputations:
    Does anything shows up on the PCI Cards pane under Hardware? If yes that means that your card is detected but there is a driver problem. If not that means that your mac doesn't see the card. That way you could add Ati_init to check if it will be enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.