DIY eGPU experiences

Discussion in 'e-GPU (External Graphics) Discussion' started by master blaster, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Laptopsteve

Laptopsteve Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody, I'm playing around with a dell e6320 to get an epu working. I have a expresscard adapter and a 750ti. I'm constantly getting the egpu code 12 error. I tried running egpu 1.30 setup but am kinda lost. Long shot but wondering if anybody has had any luck with an egpu setup with the e6320?

2. ijozic

ijozic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That won't work, but there's an mPCI-e option, too, but then you need to have a free expansion slot in your laptop (used for e.g. WiFi, BT or WWAN cards) and route the cable somehow (e.g. by removing the bottom cover).

3. Gilang Luqman

Gilang Luqman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I' still new here...
    I wanna build egpu for my old laptop Sony VAIO VGN FZ-150E. Here the specs :
    Processor Core 2 Extreme 3Ghz
    L2 Cache 6MB
    RAM DDR2 4GB
    Chipset Model GM965
    GPU Model Intel GMA 3100

my egpu plan is HD 4850. my laptop only have m-pcie (also has expresscard slot). I wanna use EXP GDC V8.4D
    Can it work for my laptop?

edit : Its failed, I got blackscreen + 3 beeping (1x long beep, 2x short beeping).. :(

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. withindestruction

withindestruction Newbie

Reputations:
    Help. Where to find x1E tweak??????????????

5. Wg824t

Wg824t Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello. Has anyone tried to connect eGPU to D3ll XPS13 2015 (9343 with mDP, no thunderbolt)?

6. Titolito

Titolito Newbie

Reputations:
  7. Crongs

Crongs Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered my epgu case ( HP Accelerator Case ) about 2 days ago. Hopefully i will have the time for writing a review / test :)

8. lastnikita

lastnikita Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys, if you have any experience or link for a tablet with egpu, please let me know =)

9. Suraj Subedi

Suraj Subedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a HP 8770w, I bricked HP quadro k3100m while installing different HP vbios in the machine. I ran a different thread in the forum but no solution from that thread.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/problem-upgrading-to-k3100m-in-hp-8770w.821630/

While searching the internet, I found two different products that clicked me to look forward

a. e-GPU (External graphics with expresscard slot or wificard mini pcie slot)

b. USB Graphics adapter (HP USB graphics adapter - https://support.hp.com/vn-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-usb-graphics-adapter/3913299)

My primary intention is to flash the vbios while the quadro k3100m card is still inside the 8770w (which is not working and laptop not booting up while the card is inside the mxm slot)

The questions that arise are:
    1. With the issue of not booting windows or even ms-dos with the card inside (problem explained in the forum link mentioned above), will I be able to get display in the external monitor connected through the usb graphics adapter to load ms-dos only also, with the graphics card still inside? If that is the case, I may be able to flash vbios from ms-dos. If somebody has some experiences with this or some technical feedbacks also.

2. Same issue mentioned above, I would like to use e-gpu solution if that brings out the display (no matter where- laptop internal or external whichever is ok). Hp 8770w has expresscard slot and would use if this works out. Will this e-gpu will likely give solution for me so that I get display and able to flash vbios in the quadro k3100m.

For information, this laptop (8770w) only has discrete graphics and internal graphics is disabled by bios I guess, so no switchable graphics or nvidia optimus.

Sorry that I am asking questions but not trying. But since I cannot directly pay for and have shipment from sellers from ebay, I have to use third party source in my country to get these products which will increase my overall cost significantly and I will also not be able to return in case of anything not working out for me. Hence I would like to be very sure that something will surely work for me before ordering the product.

I request for expert advice, comments and suggestions.

10. bennni

bennni Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ygohome likes this.