Divinity original sin 2

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by mtness, Sep 7, 2017.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Played DOS2 for a little bit over one hour, I purchased it just before my bedtime.
    So far too early to draw any conclusions, but I do like the improvements on UI Larian did.
    The game looks very pretty, combat is pretty much the same, though this time around I started the game on Explorer difficulty. DOS on Classic difficulty was sometimes too difficult for me (I blame modern video games).

Will play today a bit, but probably gonna hold off really playing until the final release.

2. killkenny1

Reputations:
    I've been getting a lot of crashes on Alt-Tabbing. Hope devs have fixed it for the full release.
    Otherwise I'm quite enjoying the game.

3. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    i haven't experienced any crashes yet and have been running it in windowed......waiting on full release, its already mid morning on the 14th here so im guessing its "America 14th" not region 14th......oh well

4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    So, who choose which character to play?
    I went with Lohse, because she's insane :D

5. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    im playing on classic mode with a custom archer.........so far the full release game is superb, love the voice acting and the story is much more dark and complex...........
    im playing classic mode custom wayfarer.....i usually role a magic based hero so this will be a nice change.....ill add Lohse into my party though o_O
    so far im very impressed, the voice acting is fantastic, and i can already see a much more rich, dark and complex story-line.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    killkenny1 likes this.
  6. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Ditto, I like the voice acting as well. And the crashes on Alt-Tabbing are gone in full release! And yes, judging by the quests I had completed in alpha, the story is gonna be solid! Kinda disappointed they didn't include the soundtrack with the purchase of the game. Have to buy it separately with game extras.
    I'm playing enchanter on Explorer mode, because Classic mode is a bit too much for me. So far I just completed the tutorial (again) and went around Fort Joy where I found a few companions. Gonna play some more tomorrow!

7. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    God help me, the character creator is always my most difficult enemy.

Anyone wanna help me build a melee focused Geomancer?

8. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    im also struggling with my build/party makeup, ive re-rolled twice and reloaded before party members a number of times to get a solid group......currently my main is a human summoner/healer and i have Beast(cleric), Sebille (ranger) and Fane (fighter) this group seems decent, but only time will tell, im playing on classic was considering playing Tactician but feel a little overwhelmed with all the changes, ill play the harder modes on my next play-through.
    in saying that the game is hugely addictive, im having a blast with the game, and find myself saying "just one more quest" often......the story is vastly improved, the origin stories are really interesting and the game is thoroughly fulfilling.

9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yup same here. This is why sometimes I dislike games like these. You need to carefully point into skills/talents/etc. as well as choose your party.
    For now I roll as enhancer together with Red Prince, Sebbile, and Ifan (I use their default classes), though I would like to have a dwarf in my party, just because they are cool. Fane would be also good to have, simply because he can lockpick without the need of lockpicks and because his origin story was written by Chris Avellone.
    Man, I wish we could have a party of six people...

10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    So, I killed like half of fort joy lol, wonder if I'm on the right path :D.