Divinity original sin 2

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by mtness, Sep 7, 2017.

1. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    a week out from the games release (sept 14th) i have broken my new rule of not pre-ordering games.

divinity original sin was a absolutely superb game and easily slotted into my top 5 games of all time, so i have very high hopes for the next instalment, looking at dev posts the game has improved on every aspect of D-OS and the recently released final class of "undead" looks super fun.

any one else planning on playing the game, the co-op options look like heaps of fun.

here's a couple of YouTube vids for those that haven't heard of or seen game-play footage.

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I liked DOS combat, but I felt the story was a bit lackluster. I also didn't finish it, because the camera positioning was awful, couldn't stand playing it anymore.
    Coincidentally I loved Pillars Of Eternity story, but disliked the combat...

I am, however, tempted to buy this one. I heard Chris Avellone was one of the story writers. Good story + combat = win. Just wonder if they ever fixed the camera...

3. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    im not sure about the camera to be honest, i have heard that the story is much more deep and rewarding, with much more character development and investment, as well as that, all 1200 npc's are going to have full voice over.......remembering this is a $45 game, that's kinda impressive.

4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Not really that impressive. They just didn't overspend on advertisement, like big AAA game publishers do :D.

5. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    well considering divinity original sin was a goty for some sites, id say a $45 price point is very reasonable, i do agree with you though bringing Chris Avellone on board as the writer should help the story a bunch.

6. micman

micman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm buying it tonight to play early access. I'll let you know how it goes. I see no reason why it wouldn't beat all expectations at this point. It's the only experience of it's kind. They set the bar high but i just know they can re-raise.

7. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    i have also pre-ordered but i don't want to play the early access its a alpha build and doesn't have all the voice acting, or all the newer quests/spells etc they have been working on, i can wait a few more days though the temptation is high.

8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Oh, believe me, I'm not complaining about the price. I think the game is worth more than their asking price, judging by the impressions from Early Access.

Hmmm, seems that GoG has a nice refund policy. I might grab it and see how I like it.

9. micman

micman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I didn't play enough to warrant a full impression. So far its good but I'm only a few minutes in. Everything is smoother than first game, that's all I can say.

My friend tried to play with me using MS Surface Pro 4 and suffice to say that is not enough hardware. Original Sin could run on anything but those days might be over.

10. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    i also played a few hours last night co-op with a friend to get used to the changes and it was impressive, the story seems much more complex and there seem to be lots more combat choices and classes......graphics are a decent step up from D-OS, i also noticed the game running much more smoother, they seem to have overhauled the menus and they are much more manageable now.

all and all playing a few hours early access has wet my palate and im really looking forward to full release later in the week.