display driver stopped responding and has recovered !!!!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by yazan, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hi guys , i got my brand new msi ge72 pro since a 3 week or less

and form the beginning , i had this annoying problem : intel display driver stopped responding and has recovered .

and its killing me , i tried to contact the reseller , but nothing works , also they said its a software problem , but if it

was really a software problem , it would be on every msi laptop , not just in my laptop , right ?

is there any solution for this problem ? i have a very good laptop that i didn't tried to play some good games on it !!

whenever i open the browser , a film , or a game , the screen freeze for a second then it give me this !!!

please i would appreciate any help or solution from you .

PS. i tried everything from uninstall the drivers , to install the new drivers , i made a reset and refresh , but nothing works .

Attached Files:

2. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Did you update both the intel drivers and the nvidia drivers? You should also contact MSI directly to ask regarding that situation. Worst case you would set up RMA to get it fixed. Can you reproduce the error easily?

3. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i made every update , but nothing work , and i got the same problem every 20 minute or less , also you guys before i buy it you said that you make a test for the laptop , but if you really made a test , it wouldnt be there any problem

4. ryzeki

Reputations:
    What do you mean? I don't work for MSI and I am not a reseller. Who did you buy it from?

5. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    sorry man , i though you were form gentech pc , my bad :p:D

i was angry becuase im waiting since at least 20 days for a fix

6. ryzeki

Reputations:
    Don't worry. If you bought from GentechPC then they will surely check it out. There are a couple of representatives here, Kevin and Ken, and when they read the post then they can most likely help.

I would recommend getting in contact with them directly so they can better assist you. In this topic, us users are mostly trying to help, but we are not MSI directly haha, there is a limit to what we can help and troubleshoot.

Usually driver stop responding indeed is a software problem but if it is always there, there might be another issue. Worst case you would need to send RMA with MSI so they can fix it.

7. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i already talk to ken , he tried to help , but nothing works and he told me to wait after he contact msi , so i post this because im bored and tired of waiting without playing or even watching a movie on a 1750$ laptop , and i hope its a software problem , i just hope that :(

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    yazan, Ken is working with MSI to find the solution and in the mean time can you please let Ken know how's the progress with testings?
    Thank you.

9. jpowell490

jpowell490 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Having the same issues here on my new GT80 Titan. I have updated all of the drivers as well and I have the trouble on Windows 10 and 8.1.

Seems to happen to me at random and also sometimes when you are minimizing a program or minimizing a web window to switch to something.

10. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    you must contact your resleer right now , becuase it turn out that my laptop is defect , its the intel GPU ,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.