Disappointing pattern I see in gaming (long read)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by daveh98, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Getawayfrommelucas

Getawayfrommelucas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm kind of done debating this issue with you until you educate yourself a little bit more on the topic ;/

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Blizzard used to be cross-platform. Anyone else remember the AWESOME Blizzard puzzle game The Lost Vikings (not the minigame from SC2 of the same name)? The Lost Vikings was available for SNES, Genesis, GBA, PC, and Amiga. That's cross-platform if I've ever heard of it. Rock n' Roll Racing was also fun, and that was SNES, Genesis, GBA. I never played Blackthorne, but that was for SNES, PC, Sega 32X, Mac, GBA.

3. Getawayfrommelucas

Getawayfrommelucas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Best.
    Game.
    EVAR.

I really wish they would have evolved that series more...it was like Mario Kart on roids

4. nobodyshero

nobodyshero Notebook Speculator

Reputations:
    The issue is really quite simple, profit maximization will lead to dilution of the sharp edges of game play. The hardcore players like myself (who compete in paid leagues for money) will be the victim of it.

CS:GO, the "evolution" of the game I play is noticeably dumbed down (at least from the beta play seen), with less recoil, more run-n-gun accuracy, more money to buy big guns right off the bat ect. The console madness is leading to a unwillingness to produce extremely graphic intensive games, and the tailoring of game play including mediocre or uncompetitive players being better is leading to a trend of catering towards the masses.

Is it bad? I don't think morals have anything to do with it, it's just business and life. Money talks more then a big nerd like me who has to practice T and CT side strats for hours just to hang in there competitively, I'm not where the real money lays.

5. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    What do you call a company that merged with Activision?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.