Did you fall into the rabbit hole of trying out lots of thermal pastes? Just buy Hydronaut.

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Reonu, Nov 23, 2020.

1. westom

westom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Entire silicon die (the compute chip that generates heat) is only in a millimeters area in the center of that IC. Rest is just connections from that tiny chip to a massive array of connecting pins.

All heat is only generated in that center area.

Go to datasheets in any decades. IR pictures demonstrated this. Unfortunately, too many only learn from hearsay or speculation. Do not (maybe do not know why) only reliable sources have credibility.

If you know otherwise, then tell us how large those semiconductor chips really are. A denial without citing those numbers is always best ignored as a lie. Until you provide reasons why and numbers, then the educated know your denials are best assumed to be wild speculation.

Your denials are disingenuous. Never give one reason. Therefore has no credibility. Prove your belief. Say why and list numbers. No number in any denial tell educated consumers that your denial is best ignored.

Most all heat is generated by a silicon die that is only in millimeters in the center.

Little hint. I worked in a semiconductor fab. Bunny suits and all those extremely hazardous chemicals.

2. westom

westom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apparently everything was not carefully read (comprehended). Well, anything that is new is not appreciated until as least three rereads. Numbers are never seen until at least a second read. Plenty new stuff was posted - with reasons why and numbers. And all was ignored.

Why would thermal compound, that is somewhere between 10 and 100 times less thermally conductive, do anything useful? Why ignore (not even quote) relevant facts such as W/K-m? Simply posted is a denial based only in an emotional outburst. Not one justification provided. Somehow you order us what to believe. And we should automatically believe? Show me the numbers!

Where is one fact that says thermal compound is critical? Never posted. For an obvious reason. Only denials. And not one manufacturer specification number cited.

Why are heatsinks tapered and hard pressed onto a semiconductor.? Putting maximum pressure where all heat is generated? To squeeze out thermal compound, except in microscopic air gaps. Because direct contact does most all heat transfer. A reality that is not even denied.

That is the power of propaganda. Once someone is manipulated by wild speculation, then it takes hurricane force winds to get that one to move from his mistake.

How does thermal compound, that is ten to one hundreds times less conductive, do so much more? It doesn't. Same challenge reposted. Show me the numbers. State why or why not. Denials mean nothing without supporting facts and numbers.

3. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    There is the capability of multi-quote, instead of double posting...

4. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Liquid metal or bust is what I’ve come to learn over the years, especially in today’s ultra thin gaming laptops

Casowen likes this.
  5. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Took the words right out of my mouth.