Diablo 3 weapon stats question

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by masterchef341, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefranklin

thefranklin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Base dps DOES include additional fire damage, etc. Look at a legendary item where the added damage is variable. Your dps math is correct, though. Your logic is wrong. Or look at the same magic base item with different damage properties. One that adds 2-4 damage will display a lower dps than one with 2-5 damage. Damage type (arcane, poison, etc) is irrelevant.

The dps shown on your screen is based on weapon damage, primary stat, crit chance and damage, and added damage from rings/amulets (which is added to base weapon damage, which is why it is so good).

2. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I realized that I should have inserted a weapon with a + damage and not a +” elemental” damage. Then check if the based dps shown in the weapon is going to match the math. I don't think the logic is wrong, I should just have used a different weapon as example.

If based on a correct weapon sample, the dps math matches the display, then there is a good chance that the damage is NOT included in the dps.

Your example doesn't give a better proof. It doesn't always mean that something with +2-4 will have smaller dps than another weapon with a +2-5 damage attributes. Because attributes is randomly created.

Like what I said, I'm guessing too, but I'm trying to come up with something that can be verified like providing a computation. If I have to choose, between yours and my explanation, I think mine had more merit than your observation.

I don't mean any harm, I just feel like your guess is as good as mine unless you can provide a better explanation.

Anyway, I think I have an idea on how to test and check whether its included or not. I'll give it a try when I get back and update. I'm on a holiday get-away so no d3 until sunday;)

3. ajreynol

ajreynol Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  4. thefranklin

thefranklin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good video, thanks for that. Any damage on your weapon is treated the same in terms of dps, it does not matter if it is elemental or just damage.

When I said compare weapons, it should have been obvious that you should compare the same base weapon. PS I wasn't guessing, just hard to explain typing on the phone. I really would have like to reply with some pictures, but too busy playing.

5. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is a really nice one. It clearly justified that additional damage attributes in the weapon is ALREADY included in the base damage range therefore also in the weapon base dps.

So my guess is really wrong ::confused:
    This is exactly the explanation that I hope to see. Thanks again!

6. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    yeah that was perfect. good work, team.

7. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Its what I said just in a video :D

8. hockeymass

hockeymass that one guy

Reputations:
    Welcome to Blizzard RPGs. WoW has been out for 7 years and there still isn't consensus on how crits are rolled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.