Diablo 3 Gameplay/Performance Impressions (NO SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by MagusDraco, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thief1958

thief1958 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Demon Hunter character finished Nightmare at level 52 or 53 without using the Auction House at all, ..Big Mistake!! I was 9K DPS, 1348 Armour with only 12 Life Regeneration.

Then I tried the Auction House purchasing armour and weapons costing anywhere from 20K to 50K gold only, ..then my DPS went from 9K to 26K, life regeneration went up to 170 per second. Now Hell Act 1 and Act 2 felt Easy (I don't want it too easy also though). And I still have some crappy armour left. I don't wanna buy too much and make my character too Invincible so I could enjoy a little challenge.

Now I don't even care about the droppings, and the blue and yellow Elites of Hell Act 1 and 2 are fairly easy (not too easy, but very fun challenge).

So many cheap weapons and armour (but very effective) at the Auction House. They cost anywhere from 5,000 to 100,000 gold (fairly easy to farm).

I'm also running Diablo 3 at 1080p Highest setting, high shadows with Anti-aliasing enabled but No V-sync with my OC'ed GTX 460M. I get anywhere from high 50's to 60-75-80 FPS average.

When I get my M17X with the 680M I will surely enable V-sync. Now I'm really enjoying Diablo 3 (level 58 at the moment in Hell difficulty Act 2).

2. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Try hardcore, item much more expensive ;)

3. thief1958

thief1958 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is playing Hardcore the way to enjoy Diablo 3?

4. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Not really, because when I ask my bro "Do you think it would help I make a char to play with you", and he was like "nty".

5. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    It's a way of getting so infuriated that you will never log into the game again. If you lose your character - you lose everything :p

If you want enjoyment, then I suggest finding another game :cool: Once you get a glimpse of "end game", you will ask yourself "why the hell did I waste time playing this crap? everyone was right, I should of never wasted my time and money". You'll get more entertainment out of the mario games for NES imo.

See, Blizzard is smart. They make the good drops nearly impossible to achieve, even if you invest hundreds of hours farming the same quest (inferno content), you may never see a good drop at all. They want YOU, the player, to use your credit card several times on the RMAH (or purchase a substantial amount of gold) out of frustration so they can take their 15% profit cut from you. They're counting on you "breaking" and using the AH to win.

6. niharjhatn

niharjhatn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    While its debatable how MUCH blizzard constructed D3 to be around the Auction House (I think some of the dependance on AH has been simply poor design rather than the nefarious construct of a Blizzard master plan - and I say this largely because Blizzard is/was? one of the few gaming companies to have a fairly intact reputation), the impact of the AH on the rewarding longevity of the game has been drastic.

I've got 1 or 2 friends, that aren't in college, don't work, do nothing but play games all day. One of them farmed the earlier acts in inferno FOR A WEEK - that was his job, in all seriousness... and he still got ripped apart in the later acts.

The rewarding item grind of the game is dead. I am a guy that rarely enjoys games with a heavy RPG element, but even I got addicted to D2. D3 is unfortunately a couple of step forwards but 10 steps back.

7. GeoCake

GeoCake http://ted.ph

Reputations:
  8. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    So...if I'm not interested in the RMAH, and I'm more interested in "gameplay" and "plot" than "loot," I should skip this game, right? One of my friends is urging me to get it, but $60 is no small chunk of coin, and I'm really not liking what I'm hearing.

Western RPGs I've liked include Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect trilogy, and Dragon Age 1. I like an interesting plot and varied gameplay more than loot grinding (like Borderlands, which I never finished). Sounds like D3 is not a good fit for me?

9. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Its up to you if you want to listen from us. Its a love and hate thing.

You will never know if you don't gamble:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

10. naticus

naticus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I moved on to another looter that is far superior to D3, Path of Exile. It's a great looter with amazing build diversity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.