Diablo 3 Gameplay/Performance Impressions (NO SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by MagusDraco, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Started a barbarian yesterday... 12 hours later..... that time included some break time and character was sitting in town lol.

Level 34, just starting NM, and 1268 dps right now. :(

2. RPJess

RPJess Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    People are still playing this pile of ?

3. cknobman

cknobman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah. I only play 4-6 hours per week and only single player (never buy or trade on AH either). I am currently at the point where I am supposed to kill Azmodan in Act III. I

I have enjoyed the game so far, its not what I had hoped/expected but its good enough.

The item system they have is trash and the drop rates are stupid though. I have had tons and tons of yellows drop, 1 legendary, and 0 set items drop. I cant believe devs are still stupid enough to create set items with a given level of intended use but make their drop rates so pathetic it is not mathematically possible to ever obtain a full set (much less a single set piece).

4. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've found my first set item, a few legendary items, and a lot of rare/blues... nothing great though.

I've gotten my barb and monk into inferno. My demon hunter is lvl 59, so he'll be there today. I've also put all settings on high, enabled aa, and have enjoyed it.

5. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can still see about 1500-2000 players on public on peak time. Its so much low from the previous 20k at a time from the 1st 2 weeks though. Still playing because it serves as a chat room between me, cousin and friends while playing:D. Got 3 decently geared level 60 atm. Maybe I'll try to level all classes til I get tired of it:(

6. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for when Activision decides it's OK to lower the price on Diablo 3 to $10.

7. bubzers

bubzers Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^ Seeing that Diablo 2 is still $20 on blizzard's site (I know, it's the base + exp), it's not likely...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

8. bneale1285

bneale1285 Newbie

Reputations:
    Even works on standard quality settings on my Quadro 420M

9. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    One week I put an embarrassing amount of time in - something like 50-60 hours farming and I got ZERO drops (all trash). No upgrades. Nothing of high value.

This is when I quit. What a big waste of time. Not rewarding at all.

That drained all the "competitive" out of me and since then, I've barely played any games other than the occasional Civ V game or CoH skirmishes, which total less than 10 hrs a week.

Out of our entire SWTOR/WoW guild that began playing D3 together (around 25 people), only 1 person remains and all he does is buy/resell items in the AH for money. We have one guy in our guild who invested about 120 hours over the course of 2 weeks and got it worse than me ...zero upgrades/zero drops of high value ...just trash.

All of us pretty much feel the same way - we feel betrayed by Blizzard.

10. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    My bro start HC, and it feel pretty Diabloish. Just that build is so restricted it is not fun. I mean it get boring after using same skillset for 50 levels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.