Diablo 3 Gameplay/Performance Impressions (NO SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by MagusDraco, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naticus

naticus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've sold 3 items for $250 each. I kept all three items for RMAH. That being said I have played the game for a total of 100+ hours, in my free time. Currently farming act 3 siegebreaker and ac4 as a Wizard with godly gear. I expect several more act4 inferno runs will get me another amulet or ring, or 1400+ dps SH weapon i can sell for close to 250.

At this point I have paid for ALL games I have purchased in the last 5 years.

*That being said. If you have mediocre gear and are a Wizard or Demon Hunter, I recommend Act3 siegebreaker runs with 5 NV stacks or Act4 part 2 with 2+ nv. It is so easy to run and get good loot you can sell on the RMAH.

** I only do coop runs with other Wizards or Demon hunters. We kick all monks and most barbs.

2. link1313

link1313 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ^ ^ wow thats impressive for only 100 hours of gameplay naticus.

I personally like the real money auction house. i've found quite a few good deals.; (i found a 16 damage/75 strength/15% attack speed/4.5% crit chance ammy for $5 in there) I would have had to farm ~1.5 million gold to buy something similar in the gold auction house. Farming that amount of gold takes about ~5 hours nowadays.

If my time isn't worth $1 / hour i'm doing something wrong with my life :)

3. naticus

naticus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got lucky on my first act 4 inferno run and got a 1345 dps + 17% attack speed. This makes my Wizard godly. I am currently at 165k damage with 3.45 attack speed ( I have attack speed and crit chance on all rings, amulets, magic source.)

I have sold over 25 million on the gold auction house from early farming act3/4 so my toon is OVER geared.

4. naticus

naticus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I feel you man, Im working on my masters and working, but I put in about 2 hours on runs with either 5nv stacks on Siegbreaker or (if i have the right group 5NV stacks) act4 and get insane drops.

That being said I would rather do 2 or 3 easy Siegebreaker runs with 5 neph and get great gear than a 2+ nv run on act4.

Make no mistake Act4 is hell for everyone, 150k Dps or not.

5. Lnd27

Lnd27 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    so true.
    the politic changed dramatically. you can see it in the world of warsraft series. after tbc they stopped to produce new ideas and trying to sell same old content tuned to current level. thats realy sad.

6. smokingjam

smokingjam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    oh man i wish i could find something worth half of that. my drops at the min with 4 NV have been garbage. im currently demon hunter inferno act 1. getting owned casue of gear. trying to farm gold to slowly build up gear. oh man

7. lazard

lazard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you might get lucky. I picked up Tal Rasha's Adjudication last night while helping a friend clear act I. Sold it for $25.

8. cknobman

cknobman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just to be clear I dont have any hate/disdain/lack of respect for any player that buys or sells on the RMAH.

I do however have disappointment and even severe dislike in Blizzard making Diablo 3 largely focused around RMAH and profiteering off of it. So many great aspects of Diablo have been changed to accommodate the RMAH and subtly direct players there to keep money flowing into Blizzards pockets.

It is a great idea in theory to implement a 1st party auction house but alas human greed gets in the way and turns a great idea into something that completely ruins one of the best gaming franchisees I have ever known.

9. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow! I want to see you toon online. Are you in US server? What's your tag:D

I hope blizzard can provide an option just like the hardcore. An option that doesnt have auction houses. Where you get gear by farming or buying directly from players thru IGG. But that will be impossible since it going to affect their rmah.

10. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    lol...kids these days.

i'm starting to wonder which one is worst. D3 fanbois or the Apple ones...?

@jinda: yeah...i'm just gonna ignore u from now on lol. it seems like u prefer to respond out of assumptions and personal bias opinions rather than facts, logic, and comprehension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.