Diablo 3 Gameplay/Performance Impressions (NO SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by MagusDraco, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    In any free market, this will stabilize almost immediately. I would guess that the time for this is long past, even though the RMAH has been out only a short time.

2. cknobman

cknobman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To address jinda & masterfhef341:

Jinda I dont have double standards at all. As houstoned has already pointed out since the RMAH is there whether we like it or not you would be a "sucker" not to sell the items you dont want because if it sells your making "free" money.

masterfhef341 I have no intentions of "farming" to make money for this game. I will play it normally as if no auction house existed. When I do find quality items that my char cannot use or I do not want then they will go onto RMAH. So I wont be playing the game 1 second with the RMAH in mind. I play the game as entertainment and for enjoyment, not for money.

3. lazard

lazard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah, the RMAH has only been out for a couple days. It will probably take weeks if not months to stabilize. Until then, make easy $$$.

4. jinda

jinda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What has this got to do with my age? I am pointing to people who are very clear about their "hate" for rmah for the same reason that you said but on the other hand, taking advantage of it to get money. Its like wokring with something you dont like but since it gives you money then so be it.

If you dont like it fine, but being very vocal and at the same time using it for your own interest doesnt make any sense. Talk about "integrity". You dont like this system alright but if you still cant stop selling for money then just stop talking about it. Just enjoy your earnings.

Why would you (I know its not you) call people sucker because they use and buy from rmah if you sell and benefit from it? Its not the buyers who sounds like sucker to me that way.

Again for my age, I think I am old enough to be your father lol. If I spend hundreds of $$$ in this game its because I can afford it and I am enjoying it. If I dont enjoy it, I'll quit and look for other things to enjoy than express my disappointment online. Its as simple as that.

That is exactly my point. Sorry if I cant express it better as english is not my 1st language.

Prices should settle down. Majority of those who bought a digital copy wasn't able to access rmah for the 1st 3 days. So there's not so many options in the AH. Once every player gain access to it, it will be saturated with items and prices should go down.

5. jinda

Reputations:
    I understand your point clearly about selling items you dont use and playing casually.

This thread has been about conflicting impression of the game and clearly there are two sides to it. We are all players, outside of that I hope we are all professionals and good people. I just didnt like the way when you address other players taking advantage of rmah by buying as suckers because clearly we are all taking advantage of it. Buyers want to get good gears to at least play the game with less frustration. Sellers sell items for money. We can actually all be suckers by definition and we've been arguing about it:D.

I like this site, its entirely different from other forums that I know as people here seems to be formal and professional. So I reacted when people started calling other people names.

I guess lets just enjoy the game.

About this^ Usually? I am flattered:D I didn't know that you read my posts.
    Kidding aside, I dont want to comment about that. If that's what you think of me then fine. We all have different opinions.

Since you asked me, I'll answer you. I am 37 years old. I've been a casual gamer since I was in highschool. I have a good paying job so I can spend a little of that earnings for some enjoyment. Whether it be on my mountain biking or gaming.

I also go out every weekend and drink. That's how I enjoy life. So buying from rmah is not a big deal for me, if you have something to spend then spend it, just be sure you have something left to buy yourself some food:)

6. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    don't be flattered. i only noticed a few of your posts because u directly quoted me so i responded to some of it. before that, i never heard of a "jinda". i didn't mean any offense when i asked for your age. it was just to get a clearer idea of where u, and your mentality, were coming from.

now that u have stated that english isn't your first language, i can finally begin to understand why there is a difference in our mentalities.

to address your point: it doesn't matter if a person is fore or against the RMAH system because it's there. it's going to be there whether u like it or not so why not take advantage of it. it's not like RMAH is it's own separate app or entity. u don't have to download any additional programs to participate in the AH system. it's just another one of Blizzard's crappy implementations to try to milk every penny out of one of their products. nothing new here.

if Blizzard actually wanted to help our "market" out, all they had to do was make it to where there will be a fee for posting up items for sale. that way, there will be less jacked up prices for items. people would actually think before posting up garbage. instead, they tax us a $1.00 per transaction??? milk milk milk.

my main gripe with blizzard is that they stopped catering to the customer. they stopped listening to the very people that made them a success. all they are focused on now is pushing out a half @$$ product and trying to milk as much money as they can out of it. every one of their actions is a clear indication of that.

7. jinda

Reputations:
    Difference in mentality due to language? It doesn't sound good. Sound racist to me. (Ok its just to me)

Maybe... Culture is maybe the best word to describe it.

Its been known even during the game development that there will be rmah. Its obviously to milk money from players. We all know them (bliz) from WoW. We all had disappointments and frustrations from that game. So knowing all of those, why are we all still buying their games and playing them?

Its as simple as that. We should have expected the outcome.
    You guys bought the game after all those issues, you guys played the game and finished the story, you guys are certainly disappointed about the game, but why are you still playing it? Why didn't you guys return it? Hoping for changes maybe?

Now we are all here whether we like the game or not. If we get tired of the game, we can always quit. If we cant quit despite of all our complains then we can all just suck it up. Happy gaming;)

8. GeoCake

GeoCake http://ted.ph

Reputations:
    Us Europe folks are only getting the RMAH tomorrow. I got some legendary stuff to put up, but the most I'll do is trade the cash I get for other items really...

Please STFU and GTFO.

9. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    My friends are averaging 100-150$/per day in the RMAH. I don't think it's going to last too long, though - who knows, it might.

They're Demon Hunters and Wizards.

Everyone has abandoned their Monks/Warriors (one guy traded his WD for a DH) because they're terrible at farming and doing end-game inferno compared to the DH/WZ.

All you need is a few million gold and your DH/WZ can handle end game content+farming. Melee requires x10 that (especially Monk) and they will still run into issues.

Note:
    If you do use the RMAH to sell, make sure you connect the funds to your paypal and not the Blizzard store. You'll get Blizzard dollars instead that you can use on their ridiculously overpriced merchandise such as the gaming headset and mouse they're offering.

10. Vahlen

Vahlen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ya......but that's not even a remotely accurate example....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.