Diablo 2: Resurrected

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Feb 20, 2021.

1. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We all have games that gamers are supposed to like but we dont; I never took a shine to the GTA games for example. I haven't liked deathmatch in shooters since bunny hopping was invented, in fact any shooter that allows 14 year old boys to speak while online is not going to be good for me. I could go on but you get the idea: takes all kinds to make a world.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What? What are you talking about? That's some wild consipracy BS, take a step back and just roll with the convo. It's a niche site with not that many regular posters, it makes sense once in a while that there would be a time span convergence where no one posts for a bit. If you want 24/7 posts hit up reddit.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Made it to hell. My (lack of) resistances are killing me; literally. That quickly reminded me of something I don't like from the old days: The toast that says, "you have lost experience."

I've made an Insight now and I'm finally able to spam my skills which is a game altering upgrade. Looking for a 4 socket shield to make a Spirit runeword in now. The runes can be had early but there is no 4 socket shield that drops before hell unless your a paladin; some of their class specific shields can drop with 4 in nightmare.

Progress...

hfm likes this.
  5. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Now I've got a hammerdin into hell along with the sorc; an assassin remains in nightmare as I'm pushing my farming builds ahead first.

At this point I've plenty of time in and my original assessments about the game hold true: There were quality of life issues that needed to be addressed back in the day and still have not been addressed now. Time has only served to increase the level of irritation as games have been doing it better for more than a decade. The play balancing is every bit as I remember with some characters vastly more capable than others.

On the plus side I find the click-fest is no less addictive than it was in it's day. They did something very right there that has never been equaled by the, ahem, homages, that followed.

Outside of the first days this had never been my main game but it serves well as the kind of game you can pick up, play a little, and drop, until the next time.

6. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ladder will be starting with a new patch that is bringing new runewords and the first balancing since the old days.

Not liking what I'm reading about the new runewords not being available to non-ladder; I hate ladders so on non-ladder I'm likely to see changes that leverage gear I'm never going to have in my inventory. I expect disappointment.

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I've been playing this on my Switch and have been having a really good time with it.

8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Still isn't my primary game but it's been a good time filler; grind a little and put it away. Easy to jump in and out of for a quickie.

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's exactly how I've been playing it, and the Switch is the most convenient way for me to do so.

10. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    From Blizz...
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...-resurrected-patch-2-4-highlights-coming-soon

A few of the new runewords...

1. Plague
      The Plague runeword is a high level weapon runeword planned for the upcoming 2.4 patch. It is one of the runewords that were in the original game files, but were disabled. Blizzard had announced 10 new runewords for patch 1.11, but only 7 made it in the final release (excluding Plague).

The stats are still subject to change. The information we have right now is based on the original game files, but the developers mentioned that these runewords will still be tweaked.

This runeword opens up opportunities for weapon types that currently don't have viable runeword options. Since it can be made in any weapon, it would be possible to make it in a Sorceress Orb or Assassin Claws, which don't have many options currently.

With its current stats, it would be a well balanced runeword, and a particularly good mid-game option for Poison Necromancers, until they can obtain a Death's Web. It also provides much needed use to the underutilized Cham runes, which is currently only used in 3 runewords.

Notable attributes
      • 25% Chance to Cast Level 15 Poison Nova On Striking
      • 20% Chance to Cast Level 12 Lower Resist When Struck
      • Level 13-17 Cleansing Aura When Equipped (varies)
      • +1-2 All Skills
      • +260-380% Damage to Demons (varies)
      • -23% To Enemy Poison Resistance
      • 0.3% (0-29.7) Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
      • Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
      • 25% Chance of Open Wounds
      • Freezes Target +3
      • +10 to Strength
    2. Pattern
      The Pattern runeword is a low level claws runeword planned for the upcoming 2.4 patch. It is one of the runewords that were in the original game files, but were disabled. Blizzard had announced 10 new runewords for patch 1.11, but only 7 made it in the final release (excluding Pattern).

The stats are still subject to change. The information we have right now is based on the original game files, but the developers mentioned that these runewords will still be tweaked.

The strange thing about the original stats is that it doesn't include the +75 Poison damage over 5 seconds from the Tal rune.

Notable attributes
      • 10% Bonus to Attack Rating
      • +40-80% Enhanced damage
      • 17-62 Added Fire Damage
      • +15% Resist All
      • +6 to Strength
      • +6 to Dexterity
      • +30% chance to block
      • +2 to mana after each kill
      • Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage

hfm likes this.