Diablo 2: Resurrected

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Feb 20, 2021.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I now kinda wish Bliz would also consider to “resurrect” OG Diablo as well.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There was some rumor about it, but I have a feeling it isn't happening.

3. killkenny1

Reputations:
  4. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I get you on the ultrawide but still think they made the right choice in that regard. If you can walk through the game and kill un-triggered and unreactive mobs with impunity that is rather game breaking. You also have the PvP angle where ultrawide would give someone a significant advantage over another player with a lesser monitor.

5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    There are number of ways they could remedy that.
    For offline they could have included ultrawide support and doing their job of fixing the AI accordingly.
    For PvP or coop they could have remained it limited or let people create/join a game where people play on ultrawide monitors.

I have no interest in PvP, but would gladly buy this game to play offline or coop with a buddy of mine, who also has an ultrawide monitor. PoE lets us do it without a problem, VV could have done it too for D2R…

krabman likes this.
  6. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Right now your either offline or online and the latter means Battlenet, no more hosting your own. That's my big knock, I've no interest in Battlenet so to my mind there is no multiplayer. I'd probably be more distressed about the ultrawide but I don't play this one on my desktop and seldom hook up the laptop.

As to fixing it that's not quite so easy. Since you can attack at a greater range that means hit points, targeting range, health, the works, have to be adjusted for players and mobs. Do that and only players with ultrawide monitors can join the game because the balance will be whack for those who don't have it. It also cuts into the "oh crap" moments that occur when you run into elite mobs as you have more time to prepare.

All that said I think it should have been enabled for at least offline play.

7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I do miss Diablo 2 but for now I'm holding off. I don't feel like throwing $40 at them just for some nicer graphics... maybe at some point later in the future.

8. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    I have always maintained a large stash in my Blizzard Balance just by how I play wow and gold falls from the sky so I used that to buy it (same as the last few Xpacs too and some swag).

I didn't play the beta, so this is all new to me relatively speaking. I spent years playing D2 before switching to WoW when it launched then playing D3 and WoW. I still play D3. Last time I played D2 was probably late 2004.

Everything feel so....antiquated with D2. It is amazing how much more refined and polished D3 is vs D2 but I'm still enjoying it. Switching to original mode, the graphics are so cringy. We've come a long way.

9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Like I’ve said, they could unlimit the aspect ratio in offline mode (fixing AI/gameplay issues at the same time) and limit it in PvP or let people create lobbies for ultrawide users, you know, like you can choose control inputs these days (controller/KBAM only or free for all).

That’s what I pay my hard earned money for - for them to release a functioning product.

10. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just started playing, PURE BLISS!

killkenny1, electrosoft and JRE84 like this.