Diablo 2: Resurrected

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Feb 20, 2021.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I hope they create a native version for M1 Macs like they did for WoW.

2. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A cut and paste from the patch notes which may be of interest...

Over the last week, we have seen much speculation and reactions from the community around the subject of Ladder play releasing post-launch. We wanted to take this opportunity to share that Ladder Only Rune Words, Unique Items, and Horadric Cube Recipes that were once restricted to Ladder rank play will now for the first time be included in non-ladder multiplayer and single player play. We understand these items complement prominent builds and playstyles cherished by the community. Furthermore, we have heard the community ask to include these items into the single player experience for quite some time. Now players playing solo can also partake in the metas that have become popularized from the original multiplayer Ladder experience. Furthermore, single player will now also include access to the Pandemonium Event and Uber Diablo content.

3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder if the good old "players 8" command will work with this as well. Farming alone with that was way more efficient and I'm 100% sure I won't have as much time as I had for D2 back then.

krabman and JRE84 like this.
  4. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Excellent question...

5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I just want to play it once or twice through solo, I think most of that isn't going to matter to me I never bothered farming anything in it.

I guess you could call me a box-of-chocolates D2 solo player.. whatever RNG handed me on a playthrough is what I used.. lol

[​IMG]

killkenny1 and Porter like this.
  6. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you want to do the end game content (Ubers and so on) you have to have the Gucci stuff; not much choice in the matter as you can't do the content without it. Never saw any numbers on how many people go after torches, annis, or even put in the time to get the high end (Louis Vuitton?) runewords?

Back in the day I did some Ubers but never got a really good torch; always somewhere between crappy and mediocre.

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Eh? I've never had a problem playing the campaign all way through just using whatever dropped.

killkenny1 likes this.
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, that just takes you to the end game. Wanna do the end game content (Ubers and so on) you need serious gear. Remember for many people the campaign is just a speed bump between them and the real game.

9. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Killing the Cow King will no longer prevent a character from opening portals. No word on whether exp will still be nerfed after the first run.

10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    So played open beta during the last weekend. Played through act I and some of the second act and yeah, strongly considering picking this up.
    There's just something warm and fuzzy about Diablo II game, like putting on an old cozy sweater, and the fact that they pretty much just upgraded the visuals and some other things around but didn't touch the core of the game makes it even better. Obviously this means the shortcomings are also there, like the horrendous inventory management, and having to teleport back and forth to sell all the junk for cash instead of having a pet, but it's a part of the charm for me, I guess.
    Could be nostalgia, but other slashers just don't tickle me in all the right places like Diablo II does. Also could be that Diablo 2 has the right combination of setting, world, music and a bit grounded gameplay. Considered grabbing D2R+D3 bundle, but then looked at the D3 gameplay videos and holy hell, almost gave me an epilepsy...

Yup, don't care for the grind, just like to play the game.
    Maybe that's the reason why something like Diablo 3, Path Of Exile and others didn't really grab my attention (together with over the top visuals looking like Slimmer is constantly puking).

hfm likes this.