Diablo 2: Resurrected

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Feb 20, 2021.

1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have to say I was rethinking my pre-order stance after Cyberpunk: 2077. Full disclosure I ended up having a lot of fun with my ~150hr playthrough and would have bought it for $60 at any rate so It probably doesn't even matter. But yes.. of course I pre-ordered D2: Resurrected.

WHO IS HYPED?!

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo_ii_resurrected?p=168304

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I can’t even begin to speculate how many hundreds of hours I have invested in the original Diablo II. It’s the only fantasy RPG I’ve ever really gotten into. This will be the first game I’ve pre-ordered since Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRE84, cucubits and hfm like this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I loved Diablo II and its expansion in the day. I also loved Titan Quest.
    But few years ago tried to play Torchlight and Path Of Exiles and I dunno, I just can't do it anymore...
    I mean, the games are good and well executed, but it's just me... After like playing for about 30 minutes my brain gets all existential on my ass and I zone out and start thinking what am I doing with my life... Just don't get enjoyment out of mindless hack and slashes anymore...

HessExpress, etern4l, Deks and 2 others like this.
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I definitely respect that. But it's funny within the last year or two I just did a complete SP run through of D2 all over again and it was a lot of fun. I think the ARPG I've melded with the most since D2 is Grim Dawn. I just appreciate the dark atmosphere and I think D3 got away from that just enough to remove the true horror aspect and the grime. No one does cinematics better than Blizzard though, I can't wait to see these reworked D2 cinematics.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. killkenny1

Reputations:
    I just hope they will put more effort into D2 that they did W3... Heard it was pretty bad...
    Grabbed AoE II DE a few days ago, man, if there is an example of how remasters should be made it's definitely AoE II DE.

hfm and katalin_2003 like this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've watched all the videos for D2 remaster at this point. Even though it's 46 minutes that deep dive assuaged all my fears about this. It's a long video but definitely worth the watch especially for some of the behind the scenes glimpses and stories from an engineering perspective.

JRE84 likes this.
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Heh, 40-something minute “deep dive” video, that certainly brings back memories :D
    I still love Cyberpunk 2077 though :D

hfm likes this.
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    While it has been at least 7-8 years since I last played it, I still have my level 80 paladin from the first time I fired up the game more than two decades ago.

hfm likes this.
  9. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Same here. It was the only single player game which I was so into that I remember many times I would sit down and play and stop when I realized it's daylight again outside. I think it's the reason my favorite color is light green :)))

My absolute favorite time was plowing through levels with the sorceress using blizzard and firewall.

hfm likes this.
  10. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hype factor=High.

hfm and JRE84 like this.