Deus Ex: Mankind divided

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by mtness, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    D2 Said this game is super AMD biased even a 980M class level of AMD card can run it at 80+ FPS while the Nvidia counterparts or the upper bracket cards can't even maintain basic 60FPS. What an unexpected move there....No idea on DX12 vs DX11 since DX12 is super immature and doesn't offer significant edge over DX11 to make the switch worthy, Let's save that ASync compute / Reducing CPU overhead for later, Since iirc both AMD / Nvidia drivers are babies in DX12/Vulkan dept, AMD being still rubbish with DX11..

2. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    my 980 sli laptop runs this game horribly, even with sli working. Any movement or running, specially in crowded areas or city streets, gets micro drops and stutter. Its a horribly optimized game, given the amount of horsepower I have at only 1080P with MSAA off. I love the game, but I am waiting for performance patches. I hear the official DX12 release later this month will support multi-gpu.

hmscott likes this.
  3. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Wanna bet that this game would play fine on Quadros?

4. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Interesting...How so ? Are they having better ASync compute performance or what ? FP64 doesn't mean any on these games afaik..

5. triturbo

Reputations:
    Apparently it does, at least that's the impression I got after reading around about the performance. Both companies play on the other one's weak side. The difference is that AMDs are NOT per-generation or per market* "optimized" like the competition (Tessellation now, what's next?). I've already said quite a few times my stance about GameSux, so I wont repeat it again, I'll just quote myself from a while (year and a half) ago:

Just to make it clear what I meant - if you want to play Gran Turismo you have to get PS, if you want to play Forza - XBox, if you want both, you guessed it - get both. So don't tell me I didn't said it. I was expecting some form of unfair play.

The deeper run-down of the differences - this game uses tech that AMD had, have and will have, just like everything else that makes a modern (AMD) GPU. GameSux on the other hand relies heavily on Tessellation... for now... and so are Maxwell and Paxwell optimized for. What about next gen? Who knows what the next gen would be "optimized" for? Would there be another significant performance difference in GameSux titles between generations next time around? Would the unfair game get even more severe, essentially getting into the console separation I mentioned? Time will tell. But again, this game is not fine with GeForce, but it doesn't mean that it would run just as bad on a Quadro. Why one GPU (GeForce) is significantly crippled compared to another (Quadro) in certain aspects? ^Shouldn't they just be GPUs and only the optimization for the work-load (drivers and/or ECC RAM) make the difference? In the end, who's the one to be blamed?

*OK, FirePros (Radeon Pros) do certain things better than comparable Radeons, but the difference is not as severe as with GeForce/Quadro (because drivers (FirePro), not hardware (chip) and drivers (Quadro))^.

Ashtrix likes this.
  6. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  7. tgipier

tgipier Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sign..... The FP64 is cut in hardware. Quadro makes no difference. And I doubt FP64 was involved at all.

8. triturbo

Reputations:
    Yes, that's how nGREEDIA makes GeForce and Quadros - gimps the GeForce. If you recall there were quite a handful of people (Professionals)* that would rather spend $1000 on top-of-the-line consumer GPU (and mod it, sometimes it was a matter of drivers, but these days are LONG gone), than the same amount on an anemic entry level pro GPU. Make a guess which one performed better.

* Well, at least around where I live. Money are not growing on trees even for Professionals, let alone around my part of the world. I actually know a person that worked for CAD firm, that ran entirely on modified Radeons and GeForces. Don't know how things are now, since he quit a few years ago.

About the FP64, again that's the impression I got reading about the game, the engine and etc. It involved so many articles that for love nor money I can't find and quote. Anyway, there's always the possibility of optimization, like I first mentioned - that's how AMDs should perform in first place. It's funny how people claim that AMDs have a TON of locked potential (because DX11 overhead), but fail to see this game as AMD optimized, instead of biased.

hmscott likes this.
  9. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Define maxed.

TBoneSan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.