Deus Ex: Mankind divided

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by mtness, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    oh wow that's painful.....

i also have MSAA off, rest is a mix of ultra/very high/ high
    temporal AA off/ motion blur off/ benchmark min 39 - max - 59 average - 49

the game seems to run ok, but still its a very demanding game, i was quite surprised compared to other games im playing at max setting that seem much nicer, perhaps its not well optimized.

hmscott likes this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I finished the second hub world last night, and the whole experience there was awesome - exactly what I was hoping the rest of the game would be. Though I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed that you go right back to the first world. At least Human Revolution had some variety to the locations (Sarif Factory, Detroit, Highland Park, Hengsha, TYM, Picus, Omega Ranch, Panchea). From what I've read, it doesn't seem like you leave Prague at all. When you've seen one dystopian Eastern European neighborhood, you've seen them all.

Mankind Divided isn't as well optimized as Human Revolution was when it launched. The only major issue HR had was extraordinarily long loading times, and they fixed it pretty quickly. I could play that game smoothly on my Radeon 6770M equipped MacBook Pro under Windows at its native 1680x1050 resolution and mostly high settings.

The new game runs decently enough on my 980M at 1080p and high settings with TAA enabled and stuff like depth of field and bloom disabled (mostly because I don't like those settings as opposed to any performance-related issue). I saw little visual difference with MSAA enabled, not nearly enough to justify the significant performance hit.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Any_Key

Any_Key Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I loved Deus Ex, DE:Human Revolution, and I really can't put my finger on it, but Mankind Divided just doesn't seem to have the same magic. It could be that it has loads of performance issues, which it doesn't look like a very visually demanding game. Textures on clothes\augs look nice but organics look horrible (maybe intentional subtext?). Pacing on the game is way off, dialogue is too boring. I'm to the point where i'm just pressing the skip button for most dialogue scenes. Don't get me wrong, I'll sit through every single Mass Effect dialogue, which is as wordy as it can get, but for me Mankind Divided's dialogue/plot is not gripping me like getting my balls caught in a bear trap.

Still in the 1st Hub, but right now I can only play for a little bit of a time before I get bored and go back to Fallout 4 Survival Mode. Will try downgrading my graphic settings a bit to see if that might improve the performance issues, see if that has any effect on improving the experience where I can... not sure there is anything I can do about the story.

hmscott and saturnotaku like this.
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I dunno, I remember HR ran like turd back in the day. Granted, I ran it on 240m, but I recently played HR DC on 970, and it still ran like turd, so many stutters, so I'm somewhat not surprised that MD is also an unpolished turd.
    Hopefully Nixxes will fix some of the performance issues, and maybe disable the crappy mouse acceleration! Seriously, has HR taught them nothing?!? People hate that crap!

Sorry to hear that some of you don't like it that much. I myself loved a lot of things about HR, so I was happy when they announced MD. And if I haven't been stuck with the 240m again, I would have probably bought it on release.
    But I'll see how the game is myself, once I get it during Christmas Sale or so.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Any_Key

Any_Key Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Performance issues aside (I don't remember any), I was a day 1 buyer of Human Revolution, played through that, and felt it was an improvement over the original Deus Ex and would recommend it to anyone who was a fan of the original Deus Ex. I can't say that for Mankind Divided.

hmscott likes this.
  6. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I haven't been able to free myself of FO4, but I was tweaking Deus Ex's settings just to see what I can get, ...how does the in game benchmark compare to the demand of the game?

1080p, No MSAA, Vsync off/"Fast" in Nvidia control panel:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Turn off contact hardening shadows, and you should see a boost.

Kade Storm likes this.
  8. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    While turning off CHS increases my average fps by ~3, it doesn't do anything for my minimum, that's why I kept it. I can get my minimum above 36 by moving to high shadows, but I'd rather not.

9. Kade Storm

Kade Storm The Devil's Advocate

Reputations:
    In my experience, the benchmark is much more condensed and intensive in terms of performance demand than the game in general.

thegreatsquare likes this.
  10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I can't even play the game. It won't update and won't start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.