Deus Ex: Mankind divided

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by mtness, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    ive been playing the new Square Enix title Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, iv'e been a fan of the series and was hoping this latest installment was just as solid as the previous..........so far so good.

im trying to a 100% completion and am having a blast, currently 11hrs in and still haven't made it to the first main mission, so much to explore and find, and so many different ways to complete a mission is making for a really really enjoyable time, very rewarding when you complete a mission in the planned manner.

just curious who else is playing the game and how they are finding the game.....

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I plan to get it when I decide which laptop to get. Also a good reason to go for the 1070 instead of the 1060 I was considering.

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Human Revolution is one of my favorite games of all time, and roughly 12 hours in, Mankind Divided is nowhere near as good. The opening/tutorial mission was fantastic. The first hub world, though, was a slog of mostly dull sidequests that I have to believe were intended to pad out the playtime. It's made worse by the fact that, unlike in Human Revolution, I feel most of said sidequests in Mankind Divided feel like they're required for the best experience, rather than a fun, optional diversion.

For example, the side mission where you need to retrieve the device that lets you use the experimental augmentations without needing to disable your "primary" ones. Why the heck wouldn't I want to have that?

Long as I'm complaining, they really screwed up the hacking minigame. The interface is far more clunky. You can get caught by the computer in the middle of jumping from node to node. A nuke virus still automatically captures a node but now it sets of the alarm 100% of the time. The extra pieces of hacking software feel largely tacked on.

While I haven't gotten there yet, I've read that the ending is a major let-down. Not that Human Revolution's was anything ground-breaking, but this is concerning.

Were the second hub world not immensely better than the first, I'd have been all set to name Mankind Divided as one of the most disappointing games I've played in a long time.

Any_Key likes this.
  5. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    for me its the opposite, i feel like its giving more choice to the player, if you want to rush through the game sure go ahead, but if you want to go off the beaten track and enjoy exploration what you can find is great, what im enjoying most about this installment is the feeling of freedom, i enjoyed human revolution but it felt more scripted, less sandbox-y that mankind divided, i don't think either story-lines are superb, they are both good enough to move the game along imo that's about it.

regarding hacking im enjoying this version, its more challenging, you have to use the tools more spontaneously, im failing much more than in human revolution and i see that as a good thing.

cant talk about the ending not there yet, but human revolution wasn't exactly mind blowing lets be honest here.......i am enjoying the journey and that's enough for now.

other than that i think the game is better than Human revolution in every regard.

1nstance likes this.
  6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I prefer to think of Human Revolution as more focused. I get why people like the more open-ended stuff, but for me, those types of games always leave me feel like I missed important things. And at the point in the story where I am, Mankind Divided has yet to justify itself as worthy of another playthrough. I sincerely hope to be wrong by the time I finish it.

There's a difference between genuine challenge and changing things to the point of making them borderline unfair. The fact that I can't click and drag to move the layout (the keyboard is not as precise) and that the UI gets in the way of itself have caused me to fail far more often than necessary. The "shrouded" networks are also annoying and pop up with far more frequency than they should.

7. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    i scroll the view to get a better overview of the whole layout, then i have access to multiple paths at once,
    datascan is amazing, as is reveal, both really help me capture more often than not, of course i don't use them for easier hacks but for the tough ones
    i dont know, i feel mankind divided hacking seems more fair, more balanced.

i really hope the game improves for you, im already planning a second playthrough lethal to get payback for the huge work needed to do missions stealth/non lethal, the funny thing is im still yet to touch the first main mission 13hrs in, that's class in my opinion.

8. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    its running fine for me on the laptop in my sig, on a mixture of ultra/high settings, im running it at 1920x1080 and the fps are sitting in the 50's most of the time, occasionally dipping into the low 40's, i don't notice any stutter or slowdown so i don't mind not being capped at 60fps

9. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    If you had an AMD card at the level of power of your 980M (let's say a R9 290) you'd probably be getting around 80fps on ultra.

10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Didn't see this thread, posted first here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scussion-thread.794965/page-115#post-10326568

Deus Ex requires at least a single 1080 to be above 60 fps at Ultra settings with DX11 1080p - 62 fps, 1080 @ 1440p - 44 fps, every other card is sub 60 fps. No mention if SLI support is available.

Very High: 1080 @ 1080p - 76 fps, 1080 @ 1440p - 50 fps

High: 1070 @ 1080p - 69 fps, 1070 @ 1440p - 46 fps

Medium: 1060 @ 1080p - 60 fps, 1060 @1440p - 42 fps

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 15 GPU Benchmark, Ultra, Very High, High & Medium

Tough game, and these benchmarks were run without MSAA. Word is MSAA is only for SLI / Crossfire setups.

This is why Deus Ex: Mankind Divided may be running terribly for you
    https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/24/th...kind-divided-may-be-running-terribly-for-you/
    "In fact, outside of a temporal AA solution, the only hard AA option the game offers (MSAA) is designed for those running SLI or CrossFire. This option, along with Contact Hardening Shadows, will make even PCs with recommended specs suffer."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.