Destiny 2 on Battle.net is free, for keeps, until November 18

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scanner

Scanner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Let’s stop the madness:) I’ve been playing this game for about a year. That includes base game and all DLC. It runs like butter, ( I do have 4 Titans xp cards-but that’s another story;))and if you want to see your FPS go into settings and turn it on. Micotransaction exist, but if you don’t want to buy anything you don’t have to. The only thing Tess sells are emotes and other useless things. You have to really grind this game by playing it to get armor and weapons. Even then nothing is guaranteed, RNG in this game is real and it’s a *****. The best part of the game is the endgame stuff, raids, strikes, crucible etc. the story part of the game is mainly to level up and get used to game.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, I could not get Action or MSI Afterburner video capture to work, but the Windoze OS X Gamer-Boy cancer crap worked for that. Here's a 5 minute run with the graphics settings maxed out. Clocks and temps shown at the end of the video. Recorded and uploaded at 2560x1440. Does @D2 Ultima play D2? Did they name the game after the streaming grandmaster?

D2.JPG

steberg and rinneh like this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Well no ****...
    [​IMG]

Apologies for vast amount of sarcasm...

Personally gonna pass this game. It's just not for me...

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    No apology necessary. Sarcasm is the spice of life and my favorite form of humor.

Everyone has their personal preferences for gaming genres, music, movies, etc. and that is totally fine. As an example, I do not care for anything @Raidriar mentioned that he prefers to play. Those titles and others in the same genres totally turn me off, but he is still a really good guy.

5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I like to hear/play a good story, and emulation is an excellent CPU benchmark tool ;)

We used to see who could run final fantasy x-2 with the highest frames while using the software renderer in PCSX2. Now that RPCS3 is out, it completely destroys my system, as the code is still in its infancy, and PS3 emulation is extremely taxing. I remember trying to iverclock my core 2 quad q9100 to try and get 60FPS, couldn’t do it then :(

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thata the one thing Destiny could improve upon. They have great lore but its not really visible in the game itself and presented in such a way.

Played FF15 too by the way. Loved the first half unofrtunately the second half was too linear for my taste and the story pacing became a bit off.

7. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I only completed ffxv because I’ve waited 12 years to play it, and was sorely disappointed that it bore little resemblance to what it was in 2006. At least I can close that chapter now. FFXV DOES however, serve as my graphics benchmark, as it is extremely GPU taxing. My friend’s R9 290X nearly had a meltdown

8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I bet it did struggle. R9 290X seems to be roughly the equivalent of a GTX 780 or 780Ti, so FFXV benchmark would be a lot to expect from it.

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ah the good ol' FF13versus days. yeah it was a bit of a letdown.

10. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Nvidia purposefully paying square to make it run extra crappy on AMD cards doesn’t help either. There is no reason why my single 980M would beat his R9 290X, other than Nvidia and square Enix being in bed together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.