Desktop replacement Gaming Laptop required

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Comad, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ran 5.1ghz with cinebench, only scored 1118points tho.

2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    scored about 100 points less than papusan, try running at 5ghz, you have throttling some where.

3. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    4K display, crippled 7820HK and a dual GTX 1070 seems to be a bad pair, not only that its got potential for thermal throttling but it's crippled CPU and most games are not optimized for SLI. 4K seems to be not necessary for such a small screen unless its a 24' or a 32' or maybe a QHD fits a 17' screen.

Also if you take a look at this video:

The single GTX 1080 is on a par with the dual GTX 1070.

Get a high-end Clevo with a 6700K or a 7700K, a single GTX 1080, or a Dual GTX 1070 (If you really don't care about game optimization) and a 4K display (If that is what you really want)...now that's a true desktop replacement.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Have you tried a CPU-Z validation at 5.1GHz?

Papusan likes this.
  5. TheReciever

TheReciever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Definitely not, its a huge PITA. Though after all the research is said and done its quite satisfying to finally get a system that checks all your boxes.

I would also make sure, though seems to not be a priority for most here is to make sure your ok with the keyboard. Ive got my y510p which is a better machine than my m4600 but I didnt use it much because I dont like the keyboard after having used the precision keyboard.

Otherwise its always coming down to balancing the parts involved. Im hoping to see more ryzen laptops in the future and or some options with Cannonlake 6c CPU's. I dont want to get another 4 core laptop but thats just my own personal preference.