Desktop replacement Gaming Laptop required

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Comad, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Gursimran82956

Gursimran82956 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And almost 20% chances of volta in q3 2018
    Because we all know the bad habit:no: of Nvidia to milk a gpu to it's last drop

2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    congrat, you just prove yourself wrong with proving one or two chips can go 4.8ghz with 7820hk which is like 1% of the 7820hk they sell assuming they are not first limited by the laptop crappy bios. as per silicon lottery, 50% of 7700k chips can do 4.8ghz and above.

your fact kinda worked against yourself, give it a rest lol makes u look immature.

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got it to 5.1ghz.

4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Here is bench at 51x. I'm sure you can pass 12.40 with a good run:rolleyes: Might be a bit hot, but worth a try.
    [​IMG]

If you get trouble. Maybe lower clocks and rather try 50x
    [​IMG]

5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    well now you need to show some proof i guess its your turn or we won't believe you lol, 7820hk at 5.1ghz. there are multiple reasons not to believe you.

1st reason, 7820hk in laptop will be power and heat restricted by laptop design hence you'll need a clevo with prema bios or you will be guaranteed power/current throttled :). unless of course someone happened to mod the bios of your laptop or are you perhaps telling me bios is by OEM default lololol.

2nd reason, 7700k at like 5.1ghz produce easily over 150w under heavy stress test, considering 7820hk is not as quality binned it'll likely be more. so unless you bench on AC you simply can't cool it. not even the best laptop CPU heatsink P570wm could do it, even lies has limit.

3rd reason, unless you have MSI or Clevo's dual PSU + convertor or Eurocom's 700w+ PSU, or at least a 330w PSU you won't be able to bench near that much power consumption. makes me wonder what laptop model you have ummm?

4th.. 5.1ghz boot into windows but not stressed? what about run some simple stress test such as cinebench R15? probably crash due to too hot or not enough voltage lol

also, cherry picking results won't help in your favor because the cherry 7700k chips can go to 5.3 and 5.4ghz. try to find the few individuals at overclock.net and hwbot.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:10 AM
  6. Gursimran82956

Gursimran82956 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is the best clock ever achieved on a p870XX for 7700K using eurocom's psu?

Donald@HIDevolution and ole!!! like this.
  7. Comad

Comad Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks again for all the responses. I feel I have learnt a lot from all your opinions and experiences.

The main thing I've learnt is.. this laptop game isn't easy! Gambling on off the shelf units with good thermals, or risking lots of money on a unit from abroad that could be very dated at the next of the year.

For now I'm price checking the MSI in case of tempting drops, while also speccing out the Clevos from abroad to add to the mix.

I guess these new ones in November will start at around £4000. The processors look very expensive?

8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    for your processor question, intel is replacing their i7 4c/8t, i5 4c/4t etc with new i7 6c/12t and i5 6c/6t CPUs and pricing should only go up by as much as inflation, around $20 at most. the new laptop cost that much is because they always wish to make as much money as possible, but yes I'd wait till the new cpu come out to get the best value if you are thinking of purchasing brand new laptop.

another point though if you are going for easy replaceable laptop and wish to sell it, buy a brand new one yearly then BGA becomes less of a concern. it wont change the fact that they are lower quality and performance though.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Harder competition on price settings for desktop processors due Amd. But all OEMs will charge premium as always, with knife and fork. But don't be surprised if coming 6 cores BGA processors will up the whole JokeBook prices. Less competition on BGA processors. Amd ain't out with newest mobile BGA processors yet and Intel will try hard as they can milk more money.

Donald@HIDevolution and ole!!! like this.
  10. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    And remember kids, the exact same thing is true for LGA cpus... Unless you're buying and installing them yourself, they already have a premium at most places.