Desktop or Laptop, maybe both?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by onrddd, Feb 14, 2020.

1. onrddd

onrddd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,
    I have 2000 dollar’s to spend for a computer. A couple months ago I married, so using desktop alone in the room is a little bit problem for me, that's why I cannot buy a new desktop alone. Btw, I have an old Amd fx6100 8gb ram and hd7850 spec desktop and it works ok for now. I will be visiting New York in upcoming months. My plan is to buy from there, since in Turkey computers are almost twice expensive. I’m planning to use the computer at least 5 years. I do 3d modelling professionally and gaming.

There are some options to choose;

1- Acer triton 500 with 8750h and rtx2080mq for 1800 dollars

2- Lenovo y740 with 9750h and rtx2080mq for 2000 dollars.

3-Lenovo y540 with 9750h and rtx2060 for 1200 dollars. And with remaining 800 dollars getting msı b450l mobo, ryzen 2700x, rx5700 and 16gb of ram. (I already have asus p248 montitor, fast ssd and power sup)

Thank you for your help in advance.

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I think you have to decide if having a laptop alone is enough, or if you want a desktop for some things. All the notebooks you're looking at are reasonable computers for gaming, though you might want to fill out our FAQ so we can recommend something specific.

I wouldn't pay for the RTX 2080 Max-Q. The RTX 2070 Max-Q is just as fast for less money.

Charles

JRE84 and onrddd like this.
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Since I am a gear nut, I would say both if you can do it. My monitor has 2 HDMI inputs so I can swith back and forth easily. I have my xbox in one port and my notebook in the other at the moment. I think I am going to build a new desktop for S&G! See what I can do with it!

onrddd likes this.
  4. onrddd

onrddd Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks everyone. I bought acer triton 500 with with Rtx2060. It is indeed very powerful laptop and it can handle any job, however I'm not comfortable with its 80-85 degree cpu core temp during gaming. I don't know it is ok to use that way.

I have some money to spent. I will buy ryzen 3700x + msı b450i + 16gb 3200mhz cl16 ram and gpu, screen, ssd, power supply from my old pc ( maybe ı can upgrade them in the future).

I should have bought acer nitro with gtx1660ti and spare more money for desktop. If I won't be able to use laptop for heavy gaming what is the point of having hight end spec laptop... But still good for 3d modelling on the go.

ONEPLUS A5000 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi