dell xps15 9550 trackpad cracked

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by MOMO7786, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOMO7786

MOMO7786 Newbie

Reputations:
    They paying someone to come to me only Coz i have to pay them to pay the someone....And no, I will not pay 200usd to replace the track pad....I'm not nuts.
    Here's to hoping the local supplier has some luck...

2. Schmoo2k

Schmoo2k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    FWIW I had the battery swelling on my Dec 2015 9550 - rang them up and had the battery swapped out the next week (I have the 3 year extended warranty) - they also sent a new faceplate and touchpad, but I declined those as my current ones were 100% fine (I caught the swelling very early, since I had been bitten by the symptoms previously - with a MacBook). They did ask me to take a photo and email them, I just took one of where the trackpad was just raised (<= 1mm) above the faceplate.

3. MOMO7786

MOMO7786 Newbie

Reputations:
    my track pad itself hasn't lifted yet...So they don't wanna listen to anything...Maybe I'll have to wait and see if the battery does swell visibly and then they will be forced to replace it and in the process they will replace the mousepad...(btw how do u speed up the process of what's inevitable?)

4. Fant

Fant Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not mine .. mine is like a rubber trackpad .. is yours black?

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's advertised as a glass trackpad, (9560 has the same one) it may be the horrible textured version as I have had both and they were both glass, you should be able to see the little line to separate the left and right click being under the glass?
    If not lets have pics as this is a 1st to me :)

6. MOMO7786

MOMO7786 Newbie

Reputations:
    [​IMG] I read the specs online and all that I've found say glass. And from a cracked track pad I'm inclined to believe it lol...Anyways here's a pic of mines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.