Dell XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge, *Part 3*

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by BatBoy, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingpinzero

Kingpinzero ROUND ONE,FIGHT! You Win!

Reputations:
    Do you love me guys? I love you so i thought to share something.
    Its a project ive been working on since the "complete guide" idea.

Basically im modding my own inf for drivers.

This is for windows xp as 7 does have ufficial support.

275.33 WHQL Windows XP x86 Mobility INF by KingpinZero
    Supports over 400 cards, desktop and laptop
    Supports SLI configurations

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Just grab the standard Desktop 275.33 for XP and overwrite the file in Display.Driver folder.
    Have fun.

AND BTW: THESE DRIVERS ROX UNDER XP. INSANE GAIN!

2. Kingpinzero

Kingpinzero ROUND ONE,FIGHT! You Win!

Reputations:
  3. msuspartan

msuspartan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Called intel and they said if that will work (which dell said also), then the 6300 will work too. Intel said the card is pretty much the same and that the only difference is some increased bandwith for the 6300.

4. DDT5

DDT5 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's great. Just make sure that the card you are getting is compatible with Dell systems. For example HP OEM hardware (i.e. IDE optical drives, wi-fi modules) in most cases don't tend to work with Dell systems. Would like to hear how it goes.

5. msuspartan

Reputations:
    I'm really not sure if it is... Here's the link of the website I got it from...INTEL WIFI LINK 6300 633AN.HMW
    I hope it is... they just shipped it out today.

6. kimlo

kimlo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new battery for my M1730(bios says i should replace it after battery test and I get like 40 minutes out of it so I want to replace it too).

Looking on eBay for M1730 specific batteries the best I could find is 7800MAH(I don't know how much the standard battery is, only says 85W 11.1V). It takes longer to charge then it gives me battery life.

I was wondering can I get a higher capacity battery, preferably one that actually doesn't sit flush with the laptop so when I'm using it the battery comes out of the laptop so it pushes the laptop up(helps with airflow and I prefer it like that).

An eBay link would be great or just something I could search for, if anyone knows a good website. Has to be under $100 and preferably 12 cell if there's such thing for the m1730.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Can I expect 2 hours or more under a brand new 7800MAH(or more hopefully) battery?

7. msuspartan

Reputations:
    Man I really wish I could know what your doing with the writing of the code part of computers... I have no idea... but I can undertand everything after that part pretty much. Really want to start learning what your doing kingpinzero

8. msuspartan

Reputations:
    Kimlo, I ran into the same dilemma as you did... I really wanted to spend less than 100 bucks for a new battery... but i guess i didn't look into it enough. The reason being is because I wanted the same performance at least as my original battery (that said it had about 45 min left and also said it needed to be replaced) and it to fit perfectly and looked the same. So I bought it from Dell stubbornly which I regret somewhat because of the price around 150. I did a little research for you and found the battery pretty cheap and also looking the same. The site I found is...
    Dell XPS M1730 Battery
    This is the only site that gives enough photos to recognize that the battery looks the same and is 9 cell. I can't find any sites of any kind that sell a 12 cell battery for our computer. Hope this helps you...

9. msuspartan

Reputations:
    Anyone have the new Bios update from dell? It's A11 which is an update for the fans and I feel like my fans are going from medium to medium hard constantly...

10. kimlo

kimlo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the response msuspartan, I've emailed them asking a few things, might end up buying from there depending how much shipping costs.

I was looking at this one for eBay 7800MAH BATTERY FOR DELL XPS M1730 HG307 WG317 312-0680 (eBay item 300483349347 end time 17-Jun-11 19:25:51 AEST) : Computers Networking 7800MAH, works out around $57 so good price too.

IF anyone knows of higher capacity batteries of if there is no such thing please say something.

With the whole Aus post banning batteries by mail is there a chance customs would stop the package? I hope not.

There's 10400 MAH batteries for a lot of HP laptops, wish there would be something like that for the XPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.