Dell XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge, *Part 3*

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by BatBoy, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The previous XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge thread was getting too large and slowing down forum search, so this is the new thread.

Original Link to XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge, Part 2

Remember to keep all comments/discussion related to the XPS M1730.

All comments relating to replacement run-around issues/GPU replacement issues due to failure are to be posted HERE.

Thanks!

2. wodstock

wodstock Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    wow, # 3

my m1730 is a slug... after getting it back from it's 2 month stay at depot, i am just thoroughly disappointed... my 8800's have been replaced with 8700's without permission and only one of the 5 or 6 things wrong got fixed... in 2 months. and dell wants me to send it back to depot to have them fix what they broke...

this is the invoice... no mention of the gpu downgrade
    [​IMG]

and these are the new custom scratches i got....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

is that not just the best service ever? awesome

3. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Have you contacted Dell via the Unresolved Issues link? As soon as you have an email response from the contact form you submit via that link, scan the repair depot letter and attach your pictures and recap and reply to the email you received. Request a call back from a manager. See if that works. Don't let this slide - that is horrible.

4. LegendaryKA8

LegendaryKA8 Nutty ThinkPad Guy

Reputations:
    Jeez, man. I'm sorry Dell is giving you fits over fits over fits with this machine... I'd be livid. :(

Not even telling you they replaced your cards with 8700s? Completely unacceptable. I'm thinking some shoddy Dell techs need to get some write-ups over this one. I'm not even a computer tech by trade and I'd make sure to take care of a customer's machine with the utmost respect... especially one as expensive as an M1730. :(

5. hankaaron57

hankaaron57 Go BIG or go HOME

Reputations:
    Guess what? That magical date of 10/5 Dell has been giving everyone? It's been pushed back to 10/15. Classy Dell automated voice gave me a call today. I love it!!

6. wodstock

wodstock Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yeah, already contacted the rep which is part of the escalation department and was told my account is on "hold" whatever that means so no replacement laptops for me, they can only fix what i have, but they cant... the 8700's have a 30 degree differential and my card reader doesnt work anymore too...

trying to get this hold thing resolved but i cant seem to get into contact with anyone from that department....

7. deeznizzels

deeznizzels Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    OMG, OMG I am going to have a fit, get a load of this, I go online to check whats going on with my service call and see that they overnighted me a system. These MOFOS decided to give me a couple of upgrades and some serious downgrades. I was sent a replacement 1730 with a t9500 2.6 GHZ in replacement of my x9000 2.8 ghz and with 8700 cards. In return they gave me 8gb or ram, 2 x 320 gb hdds and blutooth ohhh and it doesnt have a bluray burner I know I can just swap it but I dont know I think I am going to deny receipt right?

8. blazer666_uk

blazer666_uk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Why did you accept this? that is a totally unacceptable, the ram is useless and so are the drives, what makes the difference is the graphics and processor. I would ask how they came to this conclusion as a suitable replacement. :confused:

9. deeznizzels

deeznizzels Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I never accepted it, I never even knew it was sent out. I checked my dell.com account and found out it was overnighted. I have already called up fed ex and told them to return to sender and I wrote 2 emails back to my sup. they are trying to sneak this in on me, If i didnt check my babysitter would have signed for it and that would have been that. I cant beleive they thought maxing everything else out would make up for short changing me on the meat and potato's of the system so to speak.

10. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's just complete b.s.

Time to start threatening legal action...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.