1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Dell XPS M1530 Review

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by Jerry Jackson, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arch983

arch983 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I read some articles that stated in first quarter and some that stated in first half so figure somewhere in the middle. i read that the front side bus is at 1066 which sounds bad ass and speed is up to 2.8. whether that is huge boost or not? i dont know. but sure as hell sounds sweet to me!!

2. Injek

Injek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well those games like crysis, looks really slick even if everything is on very low etc. :p But if you increase the details, and keep a low resolution it can be fine.
    But yeah :p The dream would be a 8800 in a m1530 :p

And so so so so sweet to me too! :p

3. ragsrocks

ragsrocks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The dell m1530 now available with 1680x1050 res at the US site:D

4. squawks

squawks Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yup - saw that - now this laptop is beginning to look extremely good. I am still a little concerned about Dell quality, which is one of the worst compared to other brands of higher tier such as Sony and somewhat Asus. From battery problems to cracked hinges.

5. greystone

greystone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Warranty and cheaper should resolve those concerns. $1400-1500 for this with a nice screen and 4 year warranty is hard to match.

6. marcusesq

marcusesq Newbie

Reputations:
    Here in Australia 1440 x 900 is listed also. No mention of led backlighting yet though.
    New colours too... brown, blue, green, pink and yellow are listed but white and black have been removed. Hope the black will still be available when I'm ready to buy.
    About Dell quality, aren't Dell laptops made by Asus? I still will not buy one until its clear the design is durable enough to withstand being taken to and from work everyday. I would appreciate feedback on this from students especially.

7. GURU_vaibhav

GURU_vaibhav Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys .. I just got one thing stuck in my mind .. I hv odered mime with 320 GB HDD will it make it too much heavy ... can neone with with this combination gimmi the exact weight
    Thnx

8. vostro1400user

vostro1400user Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    vostro 1400 T7800/X3100 scores at 5207 with PCMark05 which could beat many other expensive models.

[​IMG]

9. blue5

blue5 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It won't change the weight difference. It won't be heavier than a 120GB HDD.

10. wrighton

wrighton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've read the reviews of this laptop. I'd like to see someone comment in more depth about build quality, durability and heat dissipation for this laptop.