Dell XPS 9560 Clean install guide + custom ISO download.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Mar 23, 2016.

1. grimah1w

grimah1w Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. jraf

jraf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks gonzo for your work putting this together,

I just did a fresh install of 10 Pro using your most recent ISO with rufus and default BIOS settings

It seems that quite a few drivers are missing including the network adopter for wifi (see screenshots below). Any ideas why this might be?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 Laptop Engineer & Online games hosting.

Reputations:
    The killer network drivers were integrated so I have no idea.

4. jraf

jraf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. Hmmm... bit of a strange one - I just tried a clean install again and got the same thing. Seems like it's not just the network adapter that's missing (as per screenshots above)
    I was sure to copy the exact Rufus settings as in your screenshot and I reset the BIOS with AHCI mode and deleted all partitions.

I'm now going to try with an image from the windows media creation tool as you advised on your last update to the ISO Windows 10 should have all working drivers included.

Are there any recommended driver replacements or do the windows ones generally work efficiently in your experience?

5. jraf

jraf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. GoNz0

Reputations:
    Well the device manager shot you posted clearly shows a "network adapter"
    It just needs the drivers m8, grab them from the killer site if you can't manually update via right clicking and update driver then let me pick and untick show compatible hardware then look under "Qualcomm Communications inc for the 1535 device.

7. jraf

jraf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks my friend. I tried 9550_Killer-Wireless-1435-1535-Driver_G0JXX_WIN_1.1.68.1346_A00.EXE off the Dell Drivers site and it didn't work as it couldn't find the killer hardware.

I tried DW1820A_1830_WiFi_Win10_x64_1.566.0.2_SETUP_ZPE.exe (Dell Wireless 1820A 1830 WiFi Driver) and it worked....

8. GoNz0

Reputations:
    That explains it, this is a 9560 ISO and I didn't add drivers for older models, got there in the end :)

9. Patrick Wingert520

Patrick Wingert520 Newbie

Reputations:
    the new xps 13 2018 with the 1435 seems to have issues. My 1435 in reporting data rates of 144Mbps! That is on the 5Gz band on a D-Link router. Luckily I have a hardline wired connection. But it is costing me a USB-port on the laptop when I only have 2 total.

10. enver63

enver63 Newbie

Reputations:
    @GoNz0 : in the latest opening post, you say: "Content removed as I will no longer be developing this as Windows 10 works out the box now."
    Does that mean I can use Microsoft's Windows Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB stick, without specific Dell drivers? Would that work for my XPS15 9550? Should I use one of your older ISOs?
    I was planning to do a fresh install. After I upgraded (without reinstall) from Win10 home to Win10 pro, my XPS 15 has become incredibly slow, especially when running on battery.

Thanks for your valuable contributions to this forum!