Dell XPS 9560 Clean install guide + custom ISO download.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Mar 23, 2016.

1. DadgumGenius

DadgumGenius Newbie

Reputations:
    I am having the exact same issue (on a 9550). It is showing that the Intel High Definition Audio Device does not have drivers installed. I have tried running the installers in the additional drivers folder, as well as trying to directly install the driver file (which it does not detect as a valid drive).

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 Laptop Engineer & Online games hosting.

Reputations:
    Have you tried the official driver?
    For some reason the device manager is no longer pulling down Dell drivers as I tried to update one last night.

3. Pchoppe

Pchoppe Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for the info chief, very helpful :)

4. ravenn411

ravenn411 Newbie

Reputations:
    Good day GoNzo, I'm new here and been following the thread recently after I found out that this is still running.
    I followed your guide and re-installed windows 10 since my previous install became unstable and resulted to a lot of BSODs.
    The error is usually Critical_Process_Died and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error. I followed the workaround in the net but it didn't worked for me.

So I install the iso from your thread. it is much stable, but I just want to ask if sudden and random freezing is normal? does it happen to you?
    I normally encounter this when I'm multitasking. but even so, i believe the laptop should handle it easy.
    for your reference, my config is the i7, 4kUHD touch, 512 gb, 32GB ram (upgraded) XPS 15 9550.

thank you and i'll return on backreading again...

5. GoNz0

Reputations:
    No it isn't normal, chance is windows update thinks it knows better and has replaced a driver.

It may be the SSD driver or the Intel GPU driver.

You may be able to roll back the drivers?

ravenn411 likes this.
  6. DellBull

DellBull Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I'm new too. I just have some questions. I have Dell XPS 9550 1tb SSD Windows 10 Home. Made mistake not to buy with Win. Pro. Regret it now. All I want to get rid of or replace Home to Pro on the Factory Setting/Recovery Partition. I asked to Dell C.S. to buy the same SSD with Win. 10 Pro, But They said 'You can't'. By this method will be an another factory hidden partition in SSD?
    Should I always use the USB to recovery, or How can I get back to the factory settings.Thanks.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  7. GoNz0

Reputations:
    Not sure why you're asking in this threat but buy a pro key and change the licence, no reinstall needed. Google will tell you the rest.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. DellBull

DellBull Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for replying sir.

9. kungfuman

kungfuman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi, used the iso here but I'm getting a failed win 10 activation message. i have the top spec 9560 and choose windows 10 home when installing. any ideas? Thanks

10. GoNz0

Reputations:
    Extract the BIOS key and use that, also it needs to be the same version installed as the licence in the BIOS.