Dell XPS 9560 AC Adapter Unknown

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by szumial, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I meant after his latest failure to charge. If so then it's likely something with the port/port connection and not the charging circuitry. I know the port itself was swapped, but maybe the connector on the board is bad.

Dannemand and pressing like this.
  2. szumial

szumial Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, the laptop charges through a dock station, however I only have one at the office, therefore cannot it use for personal matters. I have also noticed, that the led doesn't light up when charging via usb c - the only way to know this is to observe the battery indicator in windows.

I did have a look at the ac slot on the motherboard and it looks OK, I mean the pins are straight and in their place. It might be faulty somewhere else though - hard to judge.

edit -->

I was not able to proceed myself, therefore I was suggested to go to a repair shop and ask someone skilled to inspect one of the resistors in the circuit (forgot the name, but will update it later here) and the charging controller. This issue is fixable if you know how and what to replace. Needless to say, it should cost a fraction of what Dell charges for a new MOBO. I'll update when I have some results and can close the topic. Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate the help and time spent with me troubleshooting! Knowing me, it is no the last time we'll talk! :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.