Dell XPS 9550 Black Screen keyboard led active

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by ArisJ, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ArisJ

ArisJ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ran into a trouble with dell xps 9550 laptop. Dell Black screen - Keyboard flash ON + Fan spins.

no matter what I tried motherboardM won’t go any inch further than staying Black Screen with keyboard flash on and fan softly spinning. Discharging power, replacing lcd, removing CMOS battery countless times didn’t work - I gave up.

2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Having you tried removing the RAM and then trying each module in turn?

John

pressing likes this.
  3. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As John notes, the RAM modules are not especially well fastened. Check that first.

Search some of my earlier posts as I had a similar problem. You may be able to connect a screen via the HDMI cable and use the F8 to toggle among screens.

Do NOT just try keying a bunch of reset codes (F12, F8 ect.) as there is a simple common code which I do not recall that can brick the 9550.

My problem was a loose screen cable. It is hidded under a matte silver rectangle about 2cm x 2cm with a black JIS phillips screw. Do NOT use a normal phillips screwdriver.

A few of my early posts (along with the very helpful comments from others) provide more detail.

4. ArisJ

ArisJ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: