Dell Xps 17 (L702X) - Order Progress?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by thisisdom, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisisdom

thisisdom Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Edit: This post is about a year old now, but people seem to still be posting, so feel free to use this to discuss your order progress with others!

Hi, So I bought a Dell Xps 17 - L702x, and I thought I'd make a thread to track how other people's orders are going.

I ordered my Xps 17 on about the 25th of February. The delivery estimate is the 23rd of March, and it seems to still be saying "work in progress" when I track my order (I live in the UK btw)
    - Update (7th): It now says "In Production" :) The estimate is the same though.
    - Update (11th): It now says "shipped"! and it should be coming on the 14th!
    - Update (14th): Arrived today!

I posted a review here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/562138-dell-xps-17-l702x-thread.html#post7253864

It's a great laptop. It's amazing at gaming and I get about 25 FPS (15-35) on metro 2033 at max settings.

Incase you're wondering, my specs are: i5-2410m, 4gb ram, Nvidia 555m, 320gb hard drive, bluetooth, 6-cell, 1600x900 screen + the regular keyboard. I think i'm going to be the only person with this exact configuration since they removed the i5s almost straight after bringing them out :)

So how are everyone else's orders getting along?

2. fbickley

fbickley Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I ordered mine the 24th, but had to cancel a couple of times to get it right. My final order went in on the 2nd of March, and is "scheduled" for a 28th delivery with 7 day shipping. My first order was also the 23rd. I haven't found anyone who has recieved it yet. Hope we hear orders start shipping this week.

3. thisisdom

Reputations:
    Pretty much the same as me then :eek:

Is yours saying "work in progress"? I'm pretty sure that means they're getting all the parts together, so maybe they're still waiting for a certain part? like the fixed motherboards?

4. thisisdom

Reputations:
    Ooh, mine has just updated to "In Production"! yay! :D

Does anyone know if they build them from scratch, or if they just add things to a pre-prepared model?

5. fbickley

fbickley Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mine has said in production almost since i ordered it. it said processing prior to that. But I am in the US.

I think the time consuming thing is loading up all the bloatware they put on it. I wish they would just send a CD with that stuff on it, so we could throw it away if we wanted.

6. smokingkid

smokingkid Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Order 20th feb, in production since then... Estimated: 20 march...
    I'm from Italy

7. pstones578

pstones578 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I ordered mine on the 23rd Feb, expected delivery 21st March (day before my d'day :)) Still saying work in progress too.

8. thisisdom

Reputations:
    Yeah I looked it up. My "work in progress" stage meant they didn't have the right parts yet. I reckon they ran out of i5s.

Looks like everyone's is estimated for roughly the same date (20th-30th)

9. Satanless

Satanless Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thisisdom, I made a thread about how my order is going, and have a delivery date on the 5th April, Ordered on the 2nd March. You can view it HERE. I'm also UK based.

Specs for those interested: i7 2.0Ghz, 3GB 555m, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD, not the 3d screen - couldn't be bothered to wear glasses.

:)

10. ukzen

ukzen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    UK
    i7 2.0Ghz, 3GB 555m, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD, 3d screen.
    ordered 23rd Feb,work in progress,21 March

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.