Dell XPS 15 Vs New Dell XPS 15?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Drew1, Oct 10, 2021.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Try a reinstall before you buy a new laptop, you may be happy with the performance of your old laptop. If that doesn't work then you can buy a new laptop.

pressing likes this.
  2. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last year, I reinstalled Windows 10 on my 9550. It is as peppy as ever. I've done a few upgrades and repairs over the years. The keyboard has a few sticky number keys, so maybe I will replace that or the laptop. Or just keep going.

One caveat, keeping hundreds of tabs open in the internet browser will slow things down a bit, but that is the case with new laptops also. Just close the tabs.

3. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I will post a picture of how my dell xps 15 9550 looks so you can see how it is like cosmetically.

But to clean it... and im talking about physically... would it be better to go to a computer repair shop and have them do it? I remember those places always have those cans they use to spray the laptop etc. Is that what they would use to clean it? Again its very sticky in certain areas and dusty etc. I am talking about the keyboard area and the side of it. The screen and the back of the screen there isn't any of this dirty/dust though.

I took a look at dell site and it seems like it will cost at least 1800 dollars or 2000 dollars if i get the dell xps 15 9500 laptop. Thing i notice is the ram they offer... its 2933 mhz dual channel. The 32gb ram i bought last year on amazon to put in my dell xps 15 9550 is 2400mt/s dual rank. So basically the ram dell is putting in their 9500 is the same as the one i bought off amazon except its a bit faster? 2933 vs 2400?