Dell XPS 15 (Skylake) 9550 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by T2050, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it the same 97wh 6GTPY model?

2. zilla0617

zilla0617 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

3. codester

codester Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Drew1, not to sound harsh, but you have been asking the same questions repeatedly for over a year now, here and various other sites. What will it take until you are satisfied with the answers we have given you? A quick Google search returned this thread from three years ago, which also seems to contain the information you are looking for. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/xps-9550-battery-upgrade.806559/

The XPS 9550 is five years old at this point. It will be unlikely to find a brand new original battery; or if you do, it will be around five years old already. I would suggest checking the return policy from the sites/sellers you mentioned and go with the one you’re most comfortable dealing with. If the battery works, great! If it doesn’t, return it.

Jean-Cyril likes this.
  4. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey so just to confirm. The model of your 97wh battery is the same as mine or its different? Are you located in the US as well or somewhere else and what site did you buy the 97wh battery and how long ago? Sorry im getting confused because one person mentioned they use a 97wh and are located in new zealand but you are in the US?

5. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Hey there. Thanks for that link... i never seen that thread before when viewing about the 97wh battery when googling. Well... i been meaning to get a new battery for a long time and keep putting things off... that is a bad habit of mine. And now i have to get one b/c my battery is basically worn out... before it wasn't worn out.

I looked at the thread and one person seem to mention it works. Someone else said it doesn't work though when they tried it but said it could be a fake battery.

Well i wanted to know if it is that part 6GTPY... works or not... such as those who used a 97wh and it worked or not work... is the exact model 6GTPY...

Well i am buying the battery from either of two places... laptopbatteryexpress or parts people which is official dell. I wanted to go with laptopbatteryexpress bc they sell the 97wh one... but their cs rep tell me it isnt compatible with the 9550.

Parts people only sell the smaller batttery which i dont want... and the regular size battery but not the big one 97wh... which is what i want. They told me they never sold the 97wh one for the xps 9550.

6. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey all. Can anyone here confirm my xps 15 9550 will have no issue connecting it to a 4k tv/monitor? I am considering getting a 43' tv that is 4k and using it as a computer monitor. Is my video card/graphics card strong enough for this? Its Intel HD Graphics 530 and also something with nvidia.

I also believe I need to buy the usb-c to hdmi 2.0 adapter as well like this right if i want it to run smoothly and not lag using it with a 4k tv?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JW7GT7H/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3TG6UNCSJC2TF&psc=1

I do have this cable currently but this one won't work right?

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B06Y6448WB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it currently with one of my 24' 1920 x 1200 monitors... the other monitor i use hdmi to hdmi.

7. Schmoo2k

Schmoo2k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Jean-Cyril

Jean-Cyril Newbie

Reputations: