Dell XPS 15 (Skylake) 9550 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by T2050, Oct 30, 2015.

1. baconRain

baconRain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've already had 1.7.0 BIOS version installed, when the problem with screen turned off and unable to wake up occurred. i've used the update tool again, but haven't checked if it works. with Support Assisst and Dell Update app - I have everything up to date.
    My problem was, when i would plug the computer in at the desk. Walk over to make a cup of tea, which would take up the time needed for power saving screen shutdown. When i would come back, the input would not turn the screen back on. Only putting it to sleep and waking up with power button would work. I've changed power options, to have never screen shutdown, but i sometimes would leave the logon screen, which wouldn't inherit the specific user options (haven't checked how to change it too).
    Meanwhile there have been new discrete GPU drivers update (I doubt it has to do with power options, but would be nice)

2. antik

antik Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah that's also a strange one. Maybe you can try turning of Fast Startup?

3. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey all. . Windows 10 desktop, dell xps 15 9550. I previously had the message everyday where it ask me to install important updates.

The message was important updates are pending

the newest windows updattes feature update is ready to install. WE need you to kick it off. With new features and apps, this one could take a little longer than other updates. REady? REstart now . NOt ready? Pick a time that works for you.

I had clicked on pick a time by accident instead of remind me later. So i think i clicked on 1 hour later but couldn't i undo this.

I would everyday click on remind me later. Earlier i think by accident i clicked on not now but later. It then said it would do it 1 hour later i believe. After an hour or so, my computer had the restarting message. I had forgot it was going to do the update. It has been going on with the update and i got the message it will take a while.

Now i heard a sound and then a HI showing on my screen. I cannot move my arrow with my mouse. It has a Hi word on the screen but its faded Hi

What am i suppose to do now? Its been like this for 30 minutes at least and it doesn't seem like the screen is doing anything. Do i restart my laptop by pressing the power button and then turn it back on?

4. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The issue is would there be issues when it restarts like everything is there? But that is the only option i have?

5. SDeP58

SDeP58 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    2 New updates on Dell's Support site (See Below)

Attached Files:

6. MikeBravo

MikeBravo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Now that's strange, the audio driver update doesn't show up under my service tag.

7. SDeP58

Reputations:
  8. MikeBravo

MikeBravo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Now that is strange. Following your link I found it----but loging under either of my service tags its not there.

Hmmm....mabye I pissed them off with my service claims and their unfriending me!

9. Schmoo2k

Schmoo2k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    FWIW It doesn't show up for my tag either - but it is only a driver for the external dock and not the machine itself?

10. SDeP58

Reputations:
    I don't think anyone Pisses Dell off it's Always the other way around!!!

pressing likes this.