Dell XPS 15 R2 - L502x - Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by zygotic, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkj

mkj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We said already that Dell doesn't provide additional antenna cables for WWAN, unless the card is ordered with the laptop. But can any L502X owner take a look under the bottom cover and actually confirm it has only WLAN antennas and no WWAN ones (black/gray and white/gray)? Unless of course you have a WWAN card - in that case don't bother :) Thanks!

2. deerchaser

deerchaser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can confirm. No extra ant. wires.

3. mkj

mkj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got it. Thanks for the feedback.

4. Amberama

Amberama Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered mine on the 17th March, slightly customised to 1080p screen, 6230 with BlueTooth, and a few other bits and bobs. Dispatched 24th March via Incheon, Korea and Koeln, Germany - for expected delivery on the 28th. I suspect had it not been a weekend it might have been here tomorrow (26th) which considering the 8th April predicted delivery is amazing. Very impressed so far. I'm guessing they send the laptops out on whichever is the most efficient upcoming route, be it Korea, Kazahkstan, Holland or Germany. As long as it gets here I don't care that much!

Having followed the L501X owners lounge I will report back on arrival. Shame I have to take a whole day off to receive it!

5. Rick 64D

Rick 64D Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  6. mkj

mkj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice find, Rick 64D! I've just found a reseller for these wires in my country :)

7. workxpswork

workxpswork Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone point me to the driver which allows multitouch on the the l502x touchpad? It isn't the touchpad driver on the dell website, unless something else wen't wrong that I don't understand...

8. deerchaser

deerchaser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    oops, cant delete

9. Checkmyra1se

Checkmyra1se Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a question. Which HDD do you have in your XPS15? Someone also has the ST9500420AS? How are the vibrations?

10. FPetersonIII

FPetersonIII Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have been listening to pandora for a few hours now and it seems like I get the vibrations mostly on piano music, because it has complex chords with a lot of bass I guess. IDK. Almost all other music sounds great...Coheed, Floyd, Mutemath, tons of other stuff that was coming up. All sounded great but as soon is this one piano song came up....it starting the horrible vibrating/rattling/fuzziness again. It was this song by Ryan Stewart called released. YouTube - Released (Susan's Song) - A Ryan Stewart Original ??????????????

This youtube of it isn't the best quality but it demonstrates what I am talking about anyway. Even the studio version that popped up on pandora was doing the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.