Dell XPS 15 R2 - L502x - Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by zygotic, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebellion

Rebellion Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Got my XPS 15 on the 19th of this month and I will say that I have been enjoying the experience. I personally found it hard to move away from my old main laptop (XPS 1640) due to the screen being just a bit better and the form/appreance definately superior to the XPS 15.

But I am getting used to it. The machine is fast, quiet (never notice the fan) and sturdy. I have not encountered any heating issues. I play StarCraft II, EVE, Crysis, Call of Duty and other games and have had no problems so far. I have not monitored the temps but have put the laptop on my lap from time to time and I did not feel uncomfortable.

I have been extremely impressed with the battery life. I have not tested it directly, but on the 9 cell battery it just seems to go as long as I need.

These are just my general impressions, will get to more direct testing at a later date.

2. tvdang7

tvdang7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    start linking important threads in the OP. like the how to disassemble thread.

3. sparkj

sparkj Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    just curious,

can u play SC2 multiplayer, on high or at least medium settings in 1920x1280?

it probably performs better with a lower resolution... have u found any resolutions where the graphics are almost as sharp (ie. less graininess?)

4. tvdang7

tvdang7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey is the top lid and bottom of the laptop really made of aluminum? feels like plastic to me but everywhere else says otherwise such as pcmag

5. trollolol

trollolol Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just realized that my left mouse button on the touchpad is a little loose and rattles a bit when I click it. The right mouse button is perfect. Does anybody else have a similar problem with either mouse button and do you know if it's easy to adjust them if you take apart the palm rest?

6. Rebellion

Rebellion Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I will give it a try when I get home from work. I brought the Laptop to work but I don't have a non-work internet connection here.

The top of the lid is Aluminum but the bottom of the laptop is plastic.

My touch pad buttons are working as intended, not loose but not loudly clicking either.

7. mkj

mkj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did anyone have a chance to check the B+RGLED panel make and model? I'd really appreciate it :)

8. zygotic

zygotic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Device manager reports it as AUO17ED, which suggests it's the same as in the L501x. Is that what you're after?

9. mkj

mkj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, exactly - the AUO17ED aka B156HW01 V.7, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks once again :)

10. zygotic

zygotic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have done so, with what links/threads I can find and answers to questions i've seen come up. Is the NoSlow5oh repaste the disassemble thread or is there another?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.