Dell XPS 15 R2 - L502x - Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by zygotic, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YusukeBR

YusukeBR Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I have a Dell XPS L502X with i7 - 2670QM. I have been using the BIOS Mod.

I wonder if I can use a 1600MHz memory; 10-10-10-27 latency and 1.5 volts??? (https://goo.gl/GMiHCy)

Thanks

2. senor_massao

senor_massao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same problem on mine, but has not gone worse after 5 yrs of service:)

3. senor_massao

Reputations:
    750gb WD 7200mm.

4. senor_massao

Reputations:
    Did you find an answer to do it? Wondering about the same.

5. senor_massao

Reputations:
    How does one use 2 button and middle mouse button?

6. senor_massao

Reputations:
    Maybe it helps anyone else, but I never liked the keyboard on this computer. Too small for a 15.6" laptop (due to speakers on side), and too far away (due to large touchpad). The only reason I still have this laptop is the exceptional screen (for movies and image editing ), and quad core processor (for some heavy applications :). Otherwise I prefer my HP probook and HP Elitebook for everyday use.

7. senor_massao

Reputations:
    Update from nvidia website.

8. senor_massao

Reputations:
    I have narrowed down the annoying fan noise problem. It is something to do with hard disk. My XP215 (L502X) came with a 750 GB WD 7200rpm hard disk. I created an image of my system on a portable drive, and restored the image on a 500 GB Hitachi 7200rpm, and well, the fan noises were gone. I don’t know how and why, but the fan behaves much better. To make sure that it is something to do with hard disk, I used the same system image to restore Windows on another 500GB hard disk (5400rpm), and the fan noises were back on that one. So, the only hard disk (among the three that I have) without fan noises is the Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm. I can’t explain why is it so. It is not a Windows issue, since I used the same system image, and did not re-installed a fresh Windows 7. Maybe some sort of software incompatibility with some hard disks, or something else.

Another strange thing is that I thought the laptop would remain cooler on a slower 5200rpm hard disk, as the cpu would have to waite for processing due to slower read I/O from a slower hard disk,, but it apprently gets much warmer on a 5200rpm hard disk (compared to both 7200rpm hard disks).

9. ForegoneReality

ForegoneReality Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After two attempts at installing Windows 10 I think I'll stick with Windows 7 - the issue with blurry text and constant fan noise is beyond frustrating not to mention the loss of Intel Widi.

I mentioned it in another thread but has anyone experienced issues with their right click in Windows 7 in recent months? Installed nothing but Windows Updates and one of those disagrees with the bluetooth on the system - causing a right click on a file to take about 12 seconds. I had to disable the context menus in order to keep the right click loading instantly.

Bah..!

10. senor_massao

Reputations:

Nothing wrong with right click on my XPS15 (L502X). Win7 is updated (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

ForegoneReality likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.