Dell XPS 15 R2 - L502x - Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by zygotic, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betita_elfica

betita_elfica Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please, can you give us some feedback?

I am also interested on upgrade my screen. Ive seen some ebay sellers that sells it but i am not sure if they are genuine or the right version.

I have read that v4 is matte and v7 is glossy. Many people say that v7 is better but I think that a matte screen is better for our eyes, isnt it?

If you can share your final decision I will be so greatful.

Thanks

2. Shadowglash

Shadowglash Newbie

Reputations:
    Forgive me if this has been asked already but there are too many pages to search through. When I plug in my L502x I feel a vibration on the palmrest almost as if a current is going through it. The laptop is not switched on, just plugged in. My friend also has the same model and his is the same. Is this an issue? It doesn't sound normal...

Thanks.

3. Nsan

Nsan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys !

Any of you tried win10 on their L502x ?

4. Zach1928

Zach1928 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For those using Windows 10; Have you gotten the Audio drivers to work properly? I've tried downloading the WavesMaxxaudio drivers for 8.1 and it was useless. I've also downloaded the Sounblaster X-Fi MB that I bought with the Machine which is also pretty useless. These speakers don't sound very good anymore without these enhancements

5. Nsan

Nsan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just a quick word to thank you for this guide. After completely dissembled and cleaning my laptop (chnaging thermal paste too) and reinstalling windows. Your guide was perfect to make the L502x to work properly.

Thx again for your work on this guide !

6. jonnyhotchkiss

jonnyhotchkiss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    New drivers now available!!
    Took me about a week of testing, but it seems that the new drivers work great.

non-ms driver versions here (gdrive hosting html, hopefully ya can preview the public link...)
    I'm building a superspeed DAW base VHD, unregistering all superfluous services etc.
    I removed the Windows Feature ".net 3.5.1"
    I was unable to use intel's gfxui, and I think all optimus-tech broke (nvid gpu load 0%), even after installing 'just' .net 4.5.2
    I installed the devices manually (browse for folder containing inf, after checking dev ven id etc) by browsing for folder, this stops almost all Programs&Features entries from being created... (I don't usually uninstall my freefall accelerator. It's never been triggered AFAIK, but still a nice to have, so no uninstall, no updates ever expected!) - this caused issues with the mgmt ME install (9 components) & renesas (need to locate the hub and install before the controller, I think, otherwise driver install fails... 'sequence is important' is my point). This will mean you have to manually install PhysX etc (if you want them), similarly for OpenCl, Intel Display Audio etc,

if anyone needs further assistance holler :)
    [​IMG]

full details here :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  7. Bubloo

Bubloo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Wow wish you can make a similar guide for dell xps l702x... please

8. zuffy

zuffy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just saw your post. I was able to successfully install Windows 10 Enterprise in my L502x. I used the Windows 8 version of Dell Quickset Application, ST Microelectronics DE351DL Free Fall Motion Sensor Driver and Realtek HD Audio ALC269 Driver. The rest was native from Windows 10 and/or Intel.

9. PeterLiemberg

PeterLiemberg Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a campervan with solarpanels and a big (105mah) household battery. I also have a 12-15,16,17,18,19,20,22,24v converter/adapter and the right plug for my Dell xps 15 i7 L502x As you know it 'wants' 19,5v But my adapter can only give 19 or 20. With 19v I get a fault message that says "your laptopbattery may not be charging". How dangerous is it to switch the adapter to 20v?

10. Swartcake

Swartcake Newbie

Reputations:
    Here's one for you. I'm running dual SSD with the i7-2820QM and just had a bad virus wipe out my old install of Windows 10 (was an upgrade from the dell factory windows 7) The only thing that I am complaining about now is that there is no more Waves Audio download on dell's website. I would love to have this laptop working correctly as I am about to see it and start purchasing my xps 15 9550. If anyone is interested this is a bad machine. still boots in record time and yes as I said dual solid state hard drives. I ditched the optical drive and purchased a HD caddy to go in it's place. I have a 120 GB and a 160 GB currently. If sold I would hold on to the 160GB but the caddy would go with the computer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.