Dell XPS 15 R2 - L502x - Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by zygotic, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [-Mac-]

[-Mac-] Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    your score is so high because resolution in not the standard that is 1280X1024.
    GT540m at 1280X1024 & i7 2720QM have a 8300 score.

2. Pyrometheus

Pyrometheus Newbie

Reputations:
    oh yes! =) mine is coming today by UPS, unfortunately i can't be home all day i hope UPS gives me a call so i can run home so i get it today.

I'm really excited =)

i'm also wondering if you could have three monitors on the xps 15 (two external), im guessing no, but you never know.

3. Goodbyemoff

Goodbyemoff Newbie

Reputations:
    I just thought i'd ask you guys before I go and harrass Dell, Does anybody get the fan going on/off rapidly? Its very annoying... I remember someone posted about it (Cant find it though)

Im not sure if its relevent but my temps are sitting at approx 50-55C whilst writing this and the fan is going max on/ off/ repeat

Im just making sure its a real problem before dell comes and disects my laptop.

4. StrikerZR1

StrikerZR1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With all u guys talking about your benchmarks, i wanted to know where to get the newest drivers for the 540. Did a fresh install to Windows 7 Ultimate
    got everything working fine but when I go to the Nvidia Contral Panel it says my monitor is not connected to a Nvidia GPU. Also lost the icon from the desktop when you right click it. Thanks for the help in advanced!

5. Checkmyra1se

Checkmyra1se Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is your case also constantly electrically loaded?? It's very annoying :s

6. lamer01

lamer01 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine does that as well. Weirdly enough, it doesn't do it all the time. Sometimes it will blast and then go completely quiet until the temps get past 54 or so and then go full blast again. Other times it goes into this on/off loop. I think it's bios settings. On the 1645 Dell went through MANY iterations of bios finetuning the fan control.

7. tvdang7

tvdang7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    anyone know why harware monitor doesn't record the battery stats to show wear level like it did on the xps 1645? I am just curious since my xps 1645 battery wear was EXTREMELY bad.

8. esac

esac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. FPetersonIII

FPetersonIII Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It seems that mine will only do this after I play a game and the temps get up real high. It will continue to do that even after the temps go back down unless I hibernate or reboot the machine.

10. esac

esac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anybody confirm that their L502x comes with a TPM security chip? I received mine, and despite Dell support saying twice now that this model comes with one, there is no option in the BIOS for it at all, and Windows does not see it either.

I AM unable to install the Intel Management Engine Driver which might have something to do with it, but I am wondering if in fact I can't install the driver because something in the hardware/firmware is missing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.