Dell XPS 15 R2 - L502x - Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by zygotic, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esac

esac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That was the culprit, thanks! the White wire was pretty much just sitting on top, not connected. My Lenovo can still see more networks, but the 2 networks in my house are now coming in full bars.

I have a Mobile HSDPA / GPS card as well in there, which is connected. But there is an extra gray wire just sitting disconnected. Any idea what this is supposed to be for?

2. mkj

mkj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    First I thought the gray wire is for the optional TV module, but then it occured to me that it won't reach the other card slot, so it must be a third WLAN antenna for cards such as Intel 6300.

3. Checkmyra1se

Checkmyra1se Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. loaded12

loaded12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't have a L502X (Getting one soon :)) but I do have the targus lap chillpad for a laptop cooler. It's really good if you use your laptop on your lap or in bed a lot, but it also works really well on a desk. It's fairly large so it's not good for traveling, but it the best cooler I've ever had.

Cooling for Laptops | AWE55US | by Targus

5. markmark1

markmark1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered one of these a week or so ago and payed with paypal, but the payment is still pending and hasn't come out of my account yet. My status with dell says "in production." Did anyone else experience this?

6. slb1904

slb1904 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, just got this from amazon now.

I think they take the payment when it gets shipped. That's what happened with mine.

7. JanusSoCal

JanusSoCal Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi everybody, I'm in the market for a new laptop and wanted to ask about what current owners of the XPS thought about their laptops. Primarily, I wanted to ask about the comfortablness of the keyboard, the screen quality, and sound quality. Also, are there any upgrades / configurations that anybody regrets or realize that they didn't need to waste money getting? Any feedback will be greatfully appreciated.

8. slb1904

slb1904 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi JanusSoCal,

Very comfortable keyboard. Screen probably one of the best in consumer laptops, make sure you get 1080p and sound is very good. Personally, best I have heard on a laptop.

Looks better than in pictures! Very happy with mine.

9. lego99

lego99 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone 525m owners have any info fps, heat, etc. ? Thanks

10. Zephyr J

Zephyr J Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ordered mine yesterday! Stuck with the 2410m i5, i7 wouldve been nice but the i5 will be plenty. Also ordered it with the 720p screen and bought a seperate v.4 screen, matte all the way! I'm stoked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.