Dell XPS 15 9570 with Geforce 1060 is coming...

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by JKnows, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trader05

Trader05 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm guessing the same thing. I dont think they are going to use Nvidia this year.

2. wrightc23

wrightc23 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice laptop but not exactly a direct replacement for the current model lineup. More a shift to a 2 in 1 thin and light to compete with HP and Lenovo products. I'm not so sure about the selective benchmarks against the 1060 either? We're giving up an additional two cores for the on chip Vega solutions. Nothing wrong with it but I perceive the current XPS to be a bit of a powerful multimedia laptop bordering on the workstation class, hence it's near identical sister precision model.

3. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Interesting... This cherry-picked data implies the Vega M might perform decently in the real world. But my gut tells me not quite up to the new crop of nVidia GPUs with 8700HQ processors...

All for new solutions given the Kaby Lake XPS15's cooling/power "challenges". But I'll wait for others to beta test this one.

4. RvN76

RvN76 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Now the 2-in-1 with Kaby Lake G is "official": https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Dell-XPS-15-2-in-1-is-real-and-it-sure-runs-hot.269900.0.html

pressing likes this.
  5. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So NotebookCheck reported the XPS15 (9570) will not be released until later this year.

The 9575 (new 15" 2-in-1) has no USB-A port!

The 9575's 65 watt Core i7-8705G can run max 4.1ghz on one core! Not sure how long for before throttliing lol. For CPU intensive chores, I wonder if power to the GPU can be ramped down to say 10 watts and say 55 watts sent to the CPU only. And vice-versa...

custom90gt likes this.
  6. xxpmrong

xxpmrong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    how late this year?

I am kinda juggling my thoughts between XPS 15 and AW 15.. realized that I do not do much GPU intensive gaming

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    after June is the closest I have heard.

8. MrBuzzkill

MrBuzzkill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Frank Azor mentioned that they won't have news of the XPS 15 until April or May. So I wouldn't expect it any time soon. Just curious, why would you want a AW15 if you do not plan on doing any GPU intensive gaming?

pressing likes this.
  9. xxpmrong

xxpmrong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had the AW 15 r1 980m / 4k and gave it to my brother as a Christmas present. Worked well for me for about 3 years.

Torn between XPS 15 and AW 15. I dont do much of the FPS gaming stuff so I probably do not need a true gaming laptop. I usually do Civ/Cities Skylines/Transport Fever which I believe are heavier on the CPU than the GPU

but June?! that is like 6 months for me without a lappy.

10. MrBuzzkill

MrBuzzkill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, if you don't mind the gamer-looks of the AW15, but you still want something as portable as the XPS 15. Maybe something like the Gigabyte Aero 15 / Aero15X is something for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.